ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft Si Expression 1 case  (Read 6113 times)

Hampton Maher

Soundcraft Si Expression 1 case
« on: April 30, 2014, 05:47:14 PM »

Anyone know of a good case for an Si Expression 1?  I know Gator makes a case specifically for the Si 1 but it heavier than I would like at 40 lbs.  I am a weekend warrior so I don't need anything heavy duty. 

Gator also makes a pop-up case which I think will fit and is listed at 17 lbs. 

Audiopile has the MXC-12L but I'm not sure if it fits.  Even if it does fit, I'm a little worried the cabling in the rear will be a little tight since the rear of the case does not have a cutout.  I've emailed audiopile a couple times and got no response.  I've called them a couple times too and nobody answers. 

What are the other Si Expression 1 users mounting their mixer in?

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
Re: Soundcraft Si Expression 1 case
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 10:02:31 PM »

Anyone know of a good case for an Si Expression 1?  I know Gator makes a case specifically for the Si 1 but it heavier than I would like at 40 lbs.  I am a weekend warrior so I don't need anything heavy duty. 

Gator also makes a pop-up case which I think will fit and is listed at 17 lbs. 

Audiopile has the MXC-12L but I'm not sure if it fits.  Even if it does fit, I'm a little worried the cabling in the rear will be a little tight since the rear of the case does not have a cutout.  I've emailed audiopile a couple times and got no response.  I've called them a couple times too and nobody answers. 

What are the other Si Expression 1 users mounting their mixer in?

The problem with both of the gator cases is you don't have access to the headphone jack. Same thing with the EWI MXC-12L. The EWI MXC-P16, which is made for the Presonus mixer works OK. I use the EWI MXC-LS9. You can get to the headphone jack and it has a little more room in the back for cables and connections than the MXC-P16.

Nils Erickson

• San Francisco
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 03:47:19 AM »

Funny, I just bought that Gator case last week, though it does not look quite like the picture on their website.  That is good news, because you CAN access the headphone jack on the case I got (it has the same sku).  It doesn't seem particularly heavy to me, it is still very manageable.

It has only gone out on two gigs but seems good so far...

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 08:48:52 AM »

In my case the goal was to fit the board into an existing 16U case that I had used for an APB Pro House. I didn't like the mixer standing straight up so some measuring, 2 cuts, 2 spacers and a tilt of the rails gave me just what I needed.

The picture below was taken the day I tilted the front rails, and most of the hardware has now changed. I'll see if I can dig up a more recent picture tonight.

BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 11:22:00 AM »

Here's mine. It's made for an LS-9 but it works good for me and several other people who have the same thing

Hampton Maher

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 01:00:27 PM »

The problem with both of the gator cases is you don't have access to the headphone jack. Same thing with the EWI MXC-12L. The EWI MXC-P16, which is made for the Presonus mixer works OK. I use the EWI MXC-LS9. You can get to the headphone jack and it has a little more room in the back for cables and connections than the MXC-P16.
Jamin,

What is it about the MXC-P16 that you don't like?  Looks like the EWI LS9 mixer fits well, but the lid is probably taller than it needs to be by a couple inches. 

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 02:21:43 PM »

Jamin,

What is it about the MXC-P16 that you don't like?  Looks like the EWI LS9 mixer fits well, but the lid is probably taller than it needs to be by a couple inches.

Yes, the lid is taller for the LS-9 case but the MXC-P16 has less room in the back. I believe the Expression fits in either. I just preferred having that little extra room.

Hampton Maher

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 10:54:40 AM »

Thanks for the replies everyone.  At this point I'm leaning toward the Gator pop-up case because it is listed at 10 lbs lighter than the EWI cases.  Aside from access to the headphone jack, anyone have a good reason NOT to go with the Gator pop-up case? 

I also haven't been able to get in contact with audiopile.  Strage, considering how much good press they get here.  Maybe they are on vacation.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 10:54:40 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.