ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Open FCC Meeting 5/15/2014 - Wireless Mics  (Read 8761 times)

Scott Helmke

Re: Open FCC Meeting 5/15/2014 - Wireless Mics
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 10:15:24 AM »

Agreed - thanks guys.  I was expecting much worse.

Ditto. Most users will have to retune, but otherwise won't be affected that much.

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 10:21:06 AM »

Is there a Report and Order that actually outlines these rules and changes? I looked on thr FCC website and the closest that I found was a press release.

The NPRM is not yet posted; possibly later today, almost certainly by middle of next week.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 11:17:12 AM »

Also, Jason, where did you get the slides in your OP? I didnt watch the whole video so maybe I messed them?

Hi Justice,

I captured them while watching live on the FCC.gov channel.  I don't know if they're in the C-Span version.

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 12:15:52 PM »

The reassigned 600MHz band will contain an undetermined number of 4MHz-wide guard bands, and an 11MHz-wide "duplex gap" guard band between uplink and downlink frequency blocks.  This is expected to add up to 20 to 34 MHz of usable bandwidth that will be allowed for wireless mic use.

This is great news for the church I recently installed 4chs of Sennheiser wireless in(before I heard of the upcoming auction). I imagine that 4chs shouldn't be a problem; I'll just have to retune as necessary. Considering that the building seems like a Faraday cage to most cell phone and other signals I doubt we'll have much trouble. ;D

Don Boomer

• RF Venue
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2014, 06:29:57 PM »

If you read Jason's comments here:

There will be small blocks in the "guard band" and "duplex gap" spaces in the 600 MHz range to squeeze in RF mics.  Where these are will likely vary by city, but there will be small spaces - the 600 MHz band isn't completely dead.  That, and the fact that there is a 39-month grace period after the auction puts us into 2018 or 2019 - by that point, your equipment may be up for replacement/renewal anyway.

I didn't take the 39 months to be a guarantee but rather as "up to 39 months" will be available but it depends on how quickly the new licensee get on the air.  It could be considerably shorter depending on where you are.

Second ... since the National Broadband Plan in place calls for clearing 120 MHz from the TV UHF band does that mean that the 20-34 MHz and another 20 MHz will be targeted in the 500 band by 2021?
Don Boomer
Senior applications engineer
RF Venue, Inc.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2014, 06:29:57 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.