ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: behringer married to Meyer  (Read 12343 times)

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
Re: behringer married to Meyer
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2014, 08:14:58 AM »

A few years ago at the opening ceremony for an international sporting event, we had hired in some top of the range D & B Audiotechnic speakers and amp racks and connected them up to an old Mix Wizard.

It was more than we needed as the only inputs were a DJ type CD player and a radio microphone.  We only used the mixer to give a TV company an aux. send.  If that wasn't needed we could have just connected the CD player directly as that had its own mixer built in with a microphone input!

Steve.

David Parker

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2014, 08:42:04 AM »

A few years ago at the opening ceremony for an international sporting event, we had hired in some top of the range D & B Audiotechnic speakers and amp racks and connected them up to an old Mix Wizard.

It was more than we needed as the only inputs were a DJ type CD player and a radio microphone.  We only used the mixer to give a TV company an aux. send.  If that wasn't needed we could have just connected the CD player directly as that had its own mixer built in with a microphone input!

Steve.
on the flip side, I heard about a Christian artist who was touring with a Peavey endorsed rig. he showed up at a youth camp to do a show with pre-recorded tracks, and set up a 40 channel mixer, using 3 channels.

Scott Helmke

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2014, 10:22:46 AM »

Speakers are the 2nd biggest contributer to good sound (the operator being the first). The mixer is a distant 3rd.

+1. Though I'd put microphones at 3rd and the mixer at 4th.

Though in a situation with Meyer speakers I'd at least expect a console of better reliability and with better repair support than Behringer.  Meyer service is expensive but very fast and very thorough.

James A. Griffin

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2014, 10:22:20 PM »

Oh, I agree completely, but you have to admit that this is unusual in the audio world! I find it strange that someone who "needed" top of the line speakers would settle for bargain basement mixer. When you look at the budget for the entire install, the mixer's cost barely shows up!

It's silly to think that each component of the system should have a price comparable to other components.  The biggest and most expensive line array rigs out there today are using $100 SM58's, just like the rest of us.
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Frederik Rosenkjær

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2014, 01:38:51 AM »

Speakers are the 2nd biggest contributer to good sound (the operator being the first). The mixer is a distant 3rd.

I'd put acoustics AT LEAST on a shared 2nd place with speakers and microphones 4th - then perhaps mixer on a VERY distant (comparatively) 5th place.
Affiliations: Danley Sound Labs, Yamaha (MI)

Doug Maye

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2014, 08:00:47 AM »

My guess would be that the mixer choice had to do with recording. I've been toying with an X32 for about a month, and I have to say that it's a pretty good recording mixer. Churchs record almost everything they do anymore.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2014, 08:00:47 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 25 queries.