ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: behringer married to Meyer  (Read 12341 times)

David Parker

behringer married to Meyer
« on: April 27, 2014, 04:15:29 PM »

I thought I'd never see the day when a behringer mixer would be feeding a system of this caliber.

http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/church_on_the_rock_in_texas_engages_congregants_with_meyer_sound_mina/

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
Re: behringer married to Meyer
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 05:51:40 PM »

I thought I'd never see the day when a behringer mixer would be feeding a system of this caliber.

http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/church_on_the_rock_in_texas_engages_congregants_with_meyer_sound_mina/

Interesting. I guess they put the money they saved on the mixer towards nicer speakers. Probably a sound investment as it's much easier to swap out the mixer for a nicer one in the future if they need something more powerful.

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 06:09:55 PM »

Obviously not the same, as this isn't an install. But here is an X32 driving a Turbosound Flex Array rig, for extra cool factor, we have six Jason Audio J31HP doing subs.

This festival is four stages, in the past the B, C and D stage were analog Soundcraft and A&H. Last year we replaced everything with X32 (Profiles on Main Stage).
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

David Parker

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 08:59:47 PM »

Interesting. I guess they put the money they saved on the mixer towards nicer speakers. Probably a sound investment as it's much easier to swap out the mixer for a nicer one in the future if they need something more powerful.
I have no doubt the behringer mixer does a fantastic job, but normally when such expensive speakers are spec'd, something in the same class gets assigned to mix duty!

John Chiara

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 11:53:39 PM »

I have no doubt the behringer mixer does a fantastic job, but normally when such expensive speakers are spec'd, something in the same class gets assigned to mix duty!

Same class meaning price?  We would be hard pressed in most live situations to hear how 'bad' the X32 sounds...

Jeff Carter

• Kitchener, ON, Canada
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 12:31:21 AM »

With

There's also the personal monitoring system (11 PM boxes) that would probably need to be swapped at the same time as the console... Even so, the cost of the Behringer mixer/PM setup is probably a rounding error in the whole AVL budget for that room.

Looks to me like a temporary solution until they get budget for a more capable console. If they're actually putting 11 musicians on stage and close-micing all the drums inside that fishbowl, they must be close to maxing out the input count.
Mothers, don't let your babies grow up to be physics PhDs

David Parker

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 07:28:02 AM »

Same class meaning price?  We would be hard pressed in most live situations to hear how 'bad' the X32 sounds...
yes, price class. Normally when a package is spec'd similarly priced components are used. Never said the X32 sounds bad, from all reports they sound incredible.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 07:34:53 AM »

True!
I toured with an X32 on a high end show connecting to a lot of great PA systems and the show sounded just fine. :)
IMHO...Spending the extra $$ on a properly designed and adjusted speaker system will give better audible results even with a "low end" mixer.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

duane massey

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 11:01:19 AM »

It is unusual, David, as most consultants who spec Meyer would never even mention Behringer in the same room. I would expect a Yamaha at the very least. Wonder who the consultant was?
Certainly nothing wrong with the X32.
 Oops, read the article, there wasn't a consultant. Makes more sense now.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 11:03:42 AM by duane massey »
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 11:25:40 AM »

The speakers are the heavy lifting. I wouldn't expect audible sound quality issues from the X32. The mixer will be out of fashion sooner than the speakers.

Probably sounds good.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 11:25:40 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.