ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flying Line Array  (Read 1926 times)

Chris White

• Jivemind Productions
Flying Line Array
« on: April 29, 2014, 03:08:12 AM »

I have a question about flying line arrays. As of right now I feel comfortable with only 6 boxes per side which is about 422lbs with the bumper and hardware on a Genie ST25 due to the load center on the forks. Would it be advisable to use a couple 5ft pieces of 16x16 truss that I have between two ST25's per side. The truss is rated for a 2800lb center point load for a 10ft span.

Basically 2 ST25's and 1 5ft 16x16 truss stick per side, and hang the line array off the truss to allow longer hangs.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 03:25:06 AM by Chris White »
Chris White
Production Director
Jivemind Productions

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Flying Line Array
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 09:34:57 AM »

I have a question about flying line arrays. As of right now I feel comfortable with only 6 boxes per side which is about 422lbs with the bumper and hardware on a Genie ST25 due to the load center on the forks. Would it be advisable to use a couple 5ft pieces of 16x16 truss that I have between two ST25's per side. The truss is rated for a 2800lb center point load for a 10ft span.

Basically 2 ST25's and 1 5ft 16x16 truss stick per side, and hang the line array off the truss to allow longer hangs.

I'd use an 8' stick of 12x12, put it all the way back into the 'crotch' where the forks meet the mast.  You'll have enough space between the lifts to put full-width boxes and you'll increase your allowed lift capacity by moving the load center closer to the mast.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Josh Hana

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 12:48:53 PM »

We use 12" truss, usually a 5' stick between to create the type of "fly bay" that you're talking about. Generally we still only have 6-8 boxes of dvdosc from it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 12:48:53 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 25 queries.