ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 01V96v2, MLan and audio dropout  (Read 1939 times)

Rick Byers

• http://www.lost-dogs.info
01V96v2, MLan and audio dropout
« on: April 24, 2014, 08:15:58 AM »

Hi folks, it's been a little while since I posted last.

I have recently upgraded my 01v96v2 (VCM) with an MLan card to record live shows straight to my laptop.

I know Yammie stopped supporting these some time ago, and so I thought I'd post here.

I did a rehearsal with my band last night and recorded the rehearsal out to my laptop.  So far so good.

I had setup the whole system at home previously and was able to get the drivers running on Vista, and was happily recording out to Reaper on my laptop in full 16 channels.

Last night at rehearsal, I started getting audio drop out on the desk, for the first time ever.  This drop out also happened on the recordings.  It would drop out for 5-10secs at a time.  It only happened 2-3 times across 3 hours, but I've never had this from the desk before, which has been rock solid since I bought it.

Could this be linked to the new MLan card, or is it coincidental?

has anyone heard of this happening with an 01v96 before?

Mark McFarlane

Re: 01V96v2, MLan and audio dropout
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 02:06:06 PM »

I had an mlan setup on a pre-VCM 01V96 console and don't remember ever having any dropouts, but this was almost a decade ago.  How do you have your clocking setup in the o1V96 and in Reaper, that's the most likely culprit.  Check to see if the mlan driver also has clock settings.
Mark McFarlane

Rick Byers

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 06:53:10 AM »

I had an mlan setup on a pre-VCM 01V96 console and don't remember ever having any dropouts, but this was almost a decade ago.  How do you have your clocking setup in the o1V96 and in Reaper, that's the most likely culprit.  Check to see if the mlan driver also has clock settings.

Hi Mark, this is something I am going to check.

However, if the audio dropout was only on the recording side, I would have thought the clocking was at fault.  As the whole desk goes silent (as well as the recording side) I suspect (but am happy to be proven wrong) that the issue might be somewhere else.

I know there are dip switches on the card, but I can't find a guide anywhere to say what they all do.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 09:10:23 AM »

However, if the audio dropout was only on the recording side, I would have thought the clocking was at fault.  As the whole desk goes silent (as well as the recording side) I suspect (but am happy to be proven wrong) that the issue might be somewhere else.

If the console loses sync, it will mute until it re-syncs. Make sure the console is the clock master, or that everything is running off an external master clock.

Mac

Rick Byers

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 10:01:50 AM »

If the console loses sync, it will mute until it re-syncs. Make sure the console is the clock master, or that everything is running off an external master clock.
Mac

Hi Mac, I didn't realise that.  I thought it was set as master, but I will double check this weekend. Thanks Rick

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 05:46:51 PM »

Also check "Required CPU" in the Driver setup. (#2 in the attached image)
Set it to "Low Performance" and see if that fixes the problem.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 05:46:51 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.