ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The risk of personal injury is overrated.  (Read 2457 times)

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
The risk of personal injury is overrated.
« on: April 25, 2014, 01:17:52 AM »

I just purchased a programmable thermostat for a 240V wall heater. On the thermostat leads is this warning:

"CAUTION - HIGH VOLTAGE - You may damage the product if the power is not disconnected before installing."

I guess people weren't paying attention to the warnings about shock and death. After all, this thermostat cost sixty bucks, and losing that would REALLY hurt!
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
Re: The risk of personal injury is overrated.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 09:35:56 AM »

I just purchased a programmable thermostat for a 240V wall heater. On the thermostat leads is this warning:

"CAUTION - HIGH VOLTAGE - You may damage the product if the power is not disconnected before installing."

I guess people weren't paying attention to the warnings about shock and death. After all, this thermostat cost sixty bucks, and losing that would REALLY hurt!

Believe it or not it's difficult for me to talk an RV manufacturer into a No~Shock~Zone seminar when I pitch it as a way to prevent electrical shock and death of a customer, but everyone gets excited when I pitch it as a way to avoid blowing up an RV's electrical system. Go figure...  ::)

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 10:51:05 AM »

Believe it or not it's difficult for me to talk an RV manufacturer into a No~Shock~Zone seminar when I pitch it as a way to prevent electrical shock and death of a customer, but everyone gets excited when I pitch it as a way to avoid blowing up an RV's electrical system. Go figure...  ::)

They don't want their customers thinking RVs are intrinsically dangerous.  Liability and marketing.
Mark McFarlane

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 10:51:05 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.