ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help on deciding Nexo GeoS system to buy  (Read 6576 times)

Jens Droessler

Re: Need help on deciding Nexo GeoS system to buy
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 08:41:32 PM »

I've HEARD the LS18 with Geo S12 with canned music from various styles. I didn't like the sound of the LS18. Soundwise I'd prefer RS15 over RS18 and certainly over LS18. Yes, the LS18 is more flexible in terms of handling, ground stacking, flying in the same line etc., but in my opinion it's not much more than a slightly improved LS1200. I don't think it's useful to crossover the LS18 higher than 80Hz, so there is no gain in upper bass and lowmids by using them in the same line. The RS15 on the other hand could be crossed over at 200Hz to get a lot of impact in the lowmid range.

Also, I'd recommend biamping the Geo S12. It's like pulling a curtain away in front of them compared to the passive crossovered use.

Dan Brown

• SR Forums
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 04:02:08 PM »

Hi Guys,

Not sure if I post in the right place, please apologize because this is my first post and the lack of my knowledge..
Right now, I am in the process of starting my sound rental business and dealing with NEXO seller close to my area. With my budget right now, the only NEXO system I can afford are 12 units of Geo S12 speakers and 4 units of RS18 sub. The seller told me the ideal system for me to buy is 10 of S1210 and 2 of S1230, so that I can have one set of vertical array (5 S1210 and 1 S1230 per side) to get enough coverage on most of my events. But then some questions came up on my mind : Is buying 10 S1210 and 2 S1230 the right decision? (because I heard that some people prefer to have more S1230 for indoor events) Is vertical array really the ideal setup for my events? (since most of them are indoor event with height around 5 to 8.5 meters) How about horizontal array? or maybe another setup? if that's the case, should I add more S1230 and reduce the S1210?
Any NEXO rep or expert users willing to help me with this? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks

Below are pictures of some venue in my area, most of them are used for wedding, small-gig concert and special events like seminar, gathering, etc.

Cheers,

Dion W

I read through most of the posts here

If you are using the S12 boxes in line array format you will almost never "need" more than 1 * S1230 per hang
If you are putting speakers on sticks or wanting fills some additional S1230 may come in handy

I have not heard or used the LS18 yet
However I love the RS18 and love it
The rig you listed is a good size and should fit well together

Passive vs biamp
Our event rigs are now all biamp
We found that when pushing the rig to the limits this helped a ton
Passive still sounds good and can work just fine.  If you can spend the extra dollars on biamping - do it

The S12 is a great sounding box at an amazing price point

We recently bought a Nexo STM rig and deployed it for the first time this week - that was fun

db

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 04:02:08 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 24 queries.