ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Any recommendations for an affordable feedback eliminator?  (Read 28176 times)

Jon McElvain

Re: Any recommendations for an affordable feedback eliminator?
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2014, 10:15:12 PM »

I thought someone had suggest led transferring the EQ from the graphic to a parametric EQ in an earlier post. Was just thinking more about trying to do it ourselves.

While the previous people may have purchased quality gear, it was never setup correctly as we have not undone anything that didn't need to be corrected.  The speakers were clearly hooked up incorrectly.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2014, 05:24:37 AM »

I thought someone had suggest led transferring the EQ from the graphic to a parametric EQ in an earlier post.

It was suggested to transfer GEQ to GEQ, not to PEQ.  "Ringing out" is much more easily done on an analog EQ with physical sliders than the consarned digital in the DRack...
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

John Woodfield

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2014, 02:13:23 PM »

It was suggested to transfer GEQ to GEQ, not to PEQ.  "Ringing out" is much more easily done on an analog EQ with physical sliders than the consarned digital in the DRack...

+1

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2014, 05:39:22 PM »

One could always hit the power switch to off !

Jon McElvain

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2014, 08:46:04 PM »

Got it.

I was at a sister church this past week that had a professional EQ done in recent weeks so I was able to talk to the sound guy about his experience.  It was done by the person that I was recommended to talk to.

Is there any recommendations for a 31 band GEQ that doesn't have the sliders that are so easy to mess with?  It seems like someone would produce a unit with a manual lock of some type.  I think it would be beneficial to have more than a 5 band PEQ to fully benefit from a professional setup?

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2014, 08:57:37 PM »

Is there any recommendations for a 31 band GEQ that doesn't have the sliders that are so easy to mess with?  It seems like someone would produce a unit with a manual lock of some type.  I think it would be beneficial to have more than a 5 band PEQ to fully benefit from a professional setup?

I would take a 5 band PEQ over a 31-band GEQ any day as long as the PEQ has adjustable bandwidth. You have what you need in the Dx38.

I was at a sister church this past week that had a professional EQ done in recent weeks so I was able to talk to the sound guy about his experience.  It was done by the person that I was recommended to talk to.

Did you talk to that recommended professional?  What do they think?  If you're going to call them to come in and tweak your system, you'll want to hold off on any purchases until they say otherwise.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2014, 08:58:34 PM »

Got it.

Sabine GraphiQ...without a doubt.  I use the single rack space 2 channel units.  No panel controls, strictly PC GUI.  Three levels of access so you can keep the noobs limited to on/off.

The models with front panel controls are more rack spaces, but you can use the physical controls OR disable them and limit access to users with a password via PC.  I think this fills all your requirements.

Look it up at the Sabine website.  Two channels of 31 band GEQ with variable filter width(!), 12 PEQ/channel.  PEQ filters can auto-set and lock or set as dynamic...or you can just choose manual PEQ mode.

You really should check them out.  I find them used for under $200.00.

Check your PM's.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 09:10:16 PM by dick rees »
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Hanno Meingast

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2014, 11:25:27 PM »

Sabine GraphiQ...without a doubt.  I use the single rack space 2 channel units.  No panel controls, strictly PC GUI.  Three levels of access so you can keep the noobs limited to on/off.

The models with front panel controls are more rack spaces, but you can use the physical controls OR disable them and limit access to users with a password via PC.  I think this fills all your requirements.

Look it up at the Sabine website.  Two channels of 31 band GEQ with variable filter width(!), 12 PEQ/channel.  PEQ filters can auto-set and lock or set as dynamic...or you can just choose manual PEQ mode.

You really should check them out.  I find them used for under $200.00.

Check your PM's.

+1 on the sabine.  It sounds like your problems are mostly with the roving wireless mics.
how about putting the mics on a subgroup and inserting the EQ on that group only

Hanno

Jon McElvain

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2014, 02:55:07 PM »

I've been really busy recently and distracted from this project, but thought that I should provide an update.  If you're familiar with the term "askhole" I'm trying to avoide it applying to me.

I did call the local professional and got a quote ($400) for coming out and doing a full setup.  He also recommended that we consider a Symetrix Jupiter 4 ($1,000) for our application.  We had a long discussion about how the monitors, under balcony speakers, and main speakers all needed to have a different EQ to achieve the best results.

At this point I'm working with the rest of the AV Team to evaluate our options.  I know that the Church Board would approve the $1,400 (because they trust us) so it's important that the AV Team have consensus on the best solution.  My personal feeling is that I would prefer to have something with more flexibility than the Dx38 if we are going to spend the money to have a professional setup done.  I think I may have to contact the person that previously helped setup the system in my church originally to see if he still has the equipment and willingness to help.  I am not sure what his level of skill really is, but it shouldn't cost anything to find out.

I'll take another look at the Sabine GraphiQ.

Thanks again for the ideas and information.

Garrett Nelson

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2014, 09:38:41 PM »

I always put these over EQs I install:

http://www.parts-express.com/middle-atlantic-sf1-perforated-security-rack-cover-1u--262-460

It keeps people from messing with them.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2014, 09:38:41 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.