ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help on micing guitar amps  (Read 3270 times)

Matthew Uzzle

Need help on micing guitar amps
« on: November 18, 2014, 10:14:02 AM »

Ok guys I'm new here and not very knowledgeable on live sound as I'm only a guitar player. But our problem is, is that we have electric drums and our piano and organ is going only through the system but our two guitar players and bass player is only going through personal amps, which creates problems. I'm wanting to go with smaller amps and mic them, problem is we only have 2 jacks to hook our mics into, and we have three amps. Is there any type of di box that you can hook 3 guitars mics in and go to only one jack?

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 11:04:01 AM »

Ok guys I'm new here and not very knowledgeable

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

Bob L. Wilson

Re: Need help on micing guitar amps
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 03:25:34 PM »

Ok guys I'm new here and not very knowledgeable on live sound as I'm only a guitar player. But our problem is, is that we have electric drums and our piano and organ is going only through the system but our two guitar players and bass player is only going through personal amps, which creates problems. I'm wanting to go with smaller amps and mic them, problem is we only have 2 jacks to hook our mics into, and we have three amps. Is there any type of di box that you can hook 3 guitars mics in and go to only one jack?

One can readily combine up to four mic lines into a single mic output with something like a Shure SCM268 http://www.shure.com/americas/products/mixers-dsp/scm268-4-channel-microphone-mixer which is only slightly bigger than some DI boxes but as with any sub mixing arrangement the ability to equalize or otherwise process the individual signals at the FOH console will be lost. They are $200-300 new but nice examples can be found all over on the secondary market for $50-75.

chuck clark

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 03:28:08 AM »

Lots of decent inexpensive small mixers out there w/ 4 mic pre inputs. A couple hundred bucks should get you there brand new and even have individual channel eq!  Even less $$ used. (try before you buy)
Happy Holidays!
Chuck

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 03:28:08 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.