ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connecting to Lab Gruppen PLM's wirelessly???  (Read 2366 times)

Robert Duerscheidt

• You can't polish a turd
    • Florida Kayak Angler Fishing Charters
Connecting to Lab Gruppen PLM's wirelessly???
« on: April 21, 2014, 03:38:08 PM »

I've figured this out before but right now I'm missing something in my setup and need another brain to help fill in what I'm missing. 

Task at hand.
Connect 5 PLM 10000q's which are currently just daisy chained to a single Ethernet port at foh which you can plug into a computer and no issues all frames are online and working all is well. 

But when trying to set up a wireless router for a local vnc network and when I connect the main Ethernet feed from the PLM amp daisy chain with a hard wire from the router to the computer I can't connect to the PLM's or the K10dsp in the daisy chain.

Do I need a switch with enough input/outputs for the amps before the wireless router???

Or is there some network configuring I need to do in the router or PLM's???
Audio engineer - House of Blues - Orlando, FL
A1 - Allied Audio - Orlando, FL

Jelmer de Jong

Re: Connecting to Lab Gruppen PLM's wirelessly???
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 04:53:20 PM »

I've figured this out before but right now I'm missing something in my setup and need another brain to help fill in what I'm missing. 

Task at hand.
Connect 5 PLM 10000q's which are currently just daisy chained to a single Ethernet port at foh which you can plug into a computer and no issues all frames are online and working all is well. 

But when trying to set up a wireless router for a local vnc network and when I connect the main Ethernet feed from the PLM amp daisy chain with a hard wire from the router to the computer I can't connect to the PLM's or the K10dsp in the daisy chain.

Do I need a switch with enough input/outputs for the amps before the wireless router???

Or is there some network configuring I need to do in the router or PLM's???
Your wireless router has a DHCP-server built in. This server assignes ip-addressess to connected devices.
If there is no DHCP-server in the network most computers assign themselves an address, beginning with 169.254.x.x
Devices with Lake-technology assign themselves an address in the 169.254.x.x range, with or without a DHCP-server in the network. This is called 'zero config' in the menu.

In your first setup there is no DHCP-server present so your laptop assigned himself an address in the 169.254 range. The PLM's are set to this range by default so every device is able to connect to each other on the network.

In your second setup there is a DHCP-server present so you laptop gets an address from the DHCP-server, probably something in the 192.168.x.x range. This does not match with your amps.
Enable the DHCP-function on the PLM's so they get their address from the network or disable the DHCP-server on your router so the laptop doensn't get an address which doesn't match with your amps.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 04:55:21 PM by Jelmer de Jong »

Robert Duerscheidt

• You can't polish a turd
    • Florida Kayak Angler Fishing Charters
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 06:36:58 PM »

Your wireless router has a DHCP-server built in. This server assignes ip-addressess to connected devices.
If there is no DHCP-server in the network most computers assign themselves an address, beginning with 169.254.x.x
Devices with Lake-technology assign themselves an address in the 169.254.x.x range, with or without a DHCP-server in the network. This is called 'zero config' in the menu.

In your first setup there is no DHCP-server present so your laptop assigned himself an address in the 169.254 range. The PLM's are set to this range by default so every device is able to connect to each other on the network.

In your second setup there is a DHCP-server present so you laptop gets an address from the DHCP-server, probably something in the 192.168.x.x range. This does not match with your amps.
Enable the DHCP-function on the PLM's so they get their address from the network or disable the DHCP-server on your router so the laptop doensn't get an address which doesn't match with your amps.

Gotcha will give that a shot.  I was quickly browsing the PLM menus though and don't recall a setup screen for networking just a viewable screen of the amps current addresses.
Audio engineer - House of Blues - Orlando, FL
A1 - Allied Audio - Orlando, FL

Jelmer de Jong

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 04:31:53 PM »

It's definitely in te controller software.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 04:31:53 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.