ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Current Digital console list  (Read 30737 times)

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Re: Current Digital console list
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2014, 12:19:02 AM »

Again not my experience, I purchased a GLD112 with AR2412 stage box and had a nice case custom made and was still well under $10K.

Especially with the current deal going.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2014, 12:44:23 AM »

Especially with the current deal going.
Hmmm, I couldn't find the current deal...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Current Digital console list
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2014, 12:47:15 AM »

Hmmm, I couldn't find the current deal...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Recent promo - http://www.sweetwater.com/store/pdf/AH-GLD-140630.pdf

Richard Turner

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2014, 01:04:56 AM »

Recent promo - http://www.sweetwater.com/store/pdf/AH-GLD-140630.pdf

On unill June 30, 2014 that definetly would sway some purchasers for sure sway to the A&H

GLD-80, digi snake box, cover 100' cat5 snake router and 16gb ipad mini $9k,
GLD-112 plus goodies $10k

I'm doubtfull the rebate/bonus offer extende to Canada, I'll have to contact Erikson Pro and ask.
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2014, 08:23:43 AM »

I've used plenty of soundcraft boards, just never the SI expression. I toyed with one once. Took me about 5-min to realize we'd never be able to use it at our festivals.. fader glow outside isn't the best idea. I like sound craft in the old days, I miss the Spirit 8 40ch, well I not really. It was a beast.
But my problem with it is the same problem I have with presonus (much worse on theirs of course) but if I want a digital board I want it to operate like one, if I want an analog board I would still be buying them. I don't want a digital board they tries to act like a analog board as much as possible. to each his own but, I don't care for that.

Please explain how the Soundcraft Si does not operate like a digital board.

Also, Justin did not ask how to put the effects on the screen. I quote: "show me how to put effects returns on the same layer as vocals" 
That's easy!  Any fader on any layer can be assigned as an effects return.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 11:26:55 AM by Chuck Simon »

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2014, 12:22:25 PM »

I'm interested in that explanation as well. Maybe Soundcraft needs to make their boards harder to use, that way people who think they know what a digital board is can say "This is breaking my balls. It must be a great digital board with a million useless features."
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Bill Schnake

• Schnake Sound
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2014, 06:20:32 PM »

How long has this X32 been a thing, are there many out there that have been powered on for 2000 hours yet? (again my spidey sense of the B brands past longevity kicking in here)

Richard, I have had one of mine since 1/15/13.  It has been used on 219 events and the hours are in the range of 1,800 or so.  Think of a festival starting at 7:00 am and ending around 11:00 pm...summer in the mid-west if brutal.  We have had no issues with either of or X32 desks or the two X32 racks that we currently own.

I should also note that we will be selling and replacing them every two years.  So this just after the first of the year I will most likely sell the one we bought on 1/15/13 and replace it with either a new X32 or the Midas M32.  I wouldn't mind having a small digital Midas in my line-up.

Hope that helps.

Bill  8)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:58:25 PM by Bill Schnake »
Bill Schnake

217.670.1328    Office
217.553.2278    Cell
Schnake Sound, Inc

Experience, Expertise, Professionalism and Reliability

Richard Turner

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2014, 11:42:54 AM »

SO I guess that should be all the current major manufacturers product gathered on one list. Well so fas as things above 16 channel with 1 fader per channel, the small tablet based ones would be a different list.

Aside form a few posts from folks who are hot for one brand or another no significant brand bashing

Now to narrow it down I'll have to think about what features I need, I'm thinking digital snake system and moving faders are a yes to both which would eliminate the presonus
mixlive

The X32 keeps coming to the top of the list based on price point but I wish there was some indication as to weather they will continue to support it or if it will be superseded with a version 2.0 next year. Their product life cycles have been 24-36 months in the past which is quite short compared to Yamaha

I think the ls9-32 is off the list, just getting long in the tooth and price point is steep seeing as other brands have been offering more for less money. Not that I wouldn't discount a good used one But again most are being sold based on depreciated value.

I think I'll likely pull the trigger on a <12k system (cased all assc. in also remember I pay 10% more for my money in Canada and we don't have as many big time dealers here either) in the next 15 months depending on what work is out there. I'm in a very small market, most working bands carrying their own PA, 1 mid size one guy bought presonus mixer and qsc K series PA about 2 years ago in an attempt to step up against the larger provider here and I think the dust has settled and pricing has normalized again, Now that some of the local talent are trained to mix their own monitors with their iphone I think it might be the time to go kicking and screaming into the digital realm.

Or I might just say forget about it and go back to wedding DJ work and try and upsell with uplighting packages

Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2014, 01:26:52 PM »

We are a Weeekend/Friday/Thursday concert and festival company.

for the most part most of your events will be toward the weekend if not on the weekend with the few exceptions. (we have 1 or 2 week long festivals per year) if you want to expand to to make enough revenue to be your full time job (of your own business) you will need to expand your services while still maintaining your niche. This takes money & time.

The usual ways for a production company to make it through the week are:
Offer installation services (of all types, Audio, Video, projectors, stage rigging, security cameras, maybe even alarm systems and IT equipment).
Offer Consultation services (in similar categories as above)
Offer Stage Design/Prop Design/Theatrical design & lighting Design.
Offer System Tunning Services.
Repair Services
Retail Sales (and authorized dealer/service center) for Audio/Video/lighting gear.

You need to do a market analysis to see if your area can support this or not.

Tom Duffy

• TASCAM
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2014, 01:35:50 PM »

What else is on offer these days in the main stream. I'm not interested in anything boutique or small run stuff. but I guess its still me mulling over going with the adequate end of the market or dropping a ton more $$$ for all the bells and whistles.

The TASCAM DM-3200 has been available since 2006 and even though it is featured to be a recording console, along with the DM-4800 has been incorporated into many church setups in the US who were price sensitive, and all over the world where other manufacturers have no presence, no localized/translated manuals or import duties that makes the price prohibitive.

Tom (from TASCAM).

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2014, 01:35:50 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.