ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DriveRack PA2 and Alto Black  (Read 1399 times)

Bob Gill

DriveRack PA2 and Alto Black
« on: May 15, 2015, 10:00:18 AM »

Trying to configure a DriveRack PA2 with our 2 Alto Black 18s, and 4 Alto Black 15s. We have two stacks left/right of 18/15 and then two left/right 15s for rear fill on the dance floor. I have the 18s on mono and linked together, and the 4 15s at the default crossover points for mid/high that the wizard selects. I feel like they're too toppy, we need some lower end out of the 15s. Any suggestion on crossover, limiter, other settings for the Alto Black series in the DriveRack? Thanks so much for any advice!

Thomas Le

Re: DriveRack PA2 and Alto Black
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 10:31:16 AM »

Take the DRPA2 out, the crossover on the Alto Black's are already set so that they work together, the DRPA2 would just mess it all up.

More low end? That's where the subs are.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 10:34:14 AM by Thomas Le »

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 12:36:45 PM »

Yeah, I'm not sure what you intend to accomplish with the driverack.

The Blacks already have a crossover built in. Which was optimized by the manufacturer to be the best it could be for that system. Also they have an app that connect via bluetooth that will further let you tweak the system.

Set up the subs and 2 tops by the stage. Get those working like you want and sounding the best they can. This is where all the volume and "power" comes from.

Then set up the "rear fills" as full range cabinets. Bring the level up until they "fill in" the area that is missing something. Then you are done!
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 12:36:45 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.