ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for some advice re: speaker placement  (Read 6574 times)

DerekDemeter

Re: Looking for some advice re: speaker placement
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 02:20:29 PM »

Thanks for the comments and feedback everyone.  I think it will take a lot of trial and error to see what works best.  On the up side, some contacts from another local church put us in touch with an AV engineering company that has worked with a lot of area churches, so that will be a great help.  We still face a lot of challenges, but that should get us started on the right foot.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 03:10:27 PM »

Thanks for the comments and feedback everyone.  I think it will take a lot of trial and error to see what works best.  On the up side, some contacts from another local church put us in touch with an AV engineering company that has worked with a lot of area churches, so that will be a great help.  We still face a lot of challenges, but that should get us started on the right foot.

"Trial and error" is likely the most expensive way to do it. 

Find a reputable, experienced desgn/install outfit and find the $$$ to pay ONCE for a workable system.

Or buy gear according to your "best guess"...three or four different times.  In the meantime you'll have the use of marginally functional stuff and a whole lot of frustrated people.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

DerekDemeter

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 09:27:10 AM »

"Trial and error" is likely the most expensive way to do it. 

Find a reputable, experienced desgn/install outfit and find the $$$ to pay ONCE for a workable system.

Or buy gear according to your "best guess"...three or four different times.  In the meantime you'll have the use of marginally functional stuff and a whole lot of frustrated people.
Hi Dick.  I didn't mean trial and error on purchasing equipment.  I just meant it in regards to "best" placement for the re-use of our existing equipment for the time being.

John Woodfield

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2014, 07:29:02 PM »

Where are you located?

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2014, 04:43:25 AM »

Hi Dick.  I didn't mean trial and error on purchasing equipment.  I just meant it in regards to "best" placement for the re-use of our existing equipment for the time being.

Trial and error is a great way to learn - especially if there is lots of error.

Getting something right straight away is no good as you don't learn what doesn't work.

Steve.

Kevin Drysdale

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 05:33:37 PM »

I feel the pain of the OP problem. I am from a small church as well - under 100 people - and when we got into our current building they had NO thoughts towards a sound system. They were used to setting the levels ONCE and the mixer was on the stage. I wasn't there during the planning and when I finally had some say it as too late. We are currently using a system that isn't optimum for the room at all, but it does work and the Pastor and leaders know we need a new system. There isn't anything we can do to fix the issues right now and our current underperforming system is filling the position the best it can. What we did is "mock" flying of the speakers to find a good spot for them. Get the stand setup as high as you can (even placing the stands on a platform if possible) and move them around. To get SOME downward angle, just put something under one of the legs. It really narrowed down our position. Yes, there are spots where there is a bit of phasing, there are pockets in the room with more low end than is desirable, but a "perk" is I can tell volume complainers where to sit to have a little less mids/highs so it isn't as harsh and it keeps everyone happy. :)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 05:33:37 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.