ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Best way to configure XTI6002  (Read 9496 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Best way to configure XTI6002
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 05:07:33 PM »

No, the amp will not be bridged, although it uses the "Input Y" setting to send the Channel 1 input to both channels.

In System Architect (and probably Band Manager) I was able to have independent pass band output levels for the preset I mentioned.  You can hype (or not) the subs to your liking.  It was for this that Padrick suggested real time monitoring of amp i/o levels.  Once you get used to your rig this way, you'll probably not need to monitor the amp(s) unless you are doing something new or pushing it harder than previously.

A quick look inside shows peak voltage limiters for each pass band are already set.  Debbie, it's really this simple.  I know, it's not supposed to be - and don't tell anyone about the magic inside the boxes and how you turned speaker cables into thin air. 8)

Triamping with these products, while instructive (and therefore valuable as an academic exercise), it provides little net gain at showtime unless you're already working close to the edge or in some VERY dicey acoustic environments.  I've been down this road out of necessity, 25+ years ago.  With today's gear it's not so necessary...

Hey Tim....Like I just told Mike I'm gonna play a bit with the amps and the wiring to see what I can come up with. Good to know that I have options though...keeps things interesting for me !!!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Jens Droessler

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2014, 09:03:10 PM »

So you already have 4wire cabling to your SRX715. That's good. If you like to biamp the 715s, keep it that way. There are numerous advantages in biamping. Many of them will work out well if you bring the 715s to high power, which I guess isn't something you do everyday, since two SRX718 are enough low end for your application.

To address your problem: Why don't you use a 4wire cable for the subs too? Channel A of your sub amp will be on 1+/1- of the NL4 speakon, channel B will be on 2+/2-. All you have to do is to plug this 4wire cable in the first SRX718, put another short 4wire cable between the two SRX718 and set the switch below the speakon connectors on sub 1 to 1+/- and the switch on sub 2 to 2+/-. Every subwoofer no connects to his own channel of your amplifier and you have to run only one 4wire cable to the subs.

Another tip: If you'd like to simplify your setup, get rid of the XLS2000 and the DriveRack+ and get another Xti6002. Now use one Xti6002 per SRX715 (ch A for the 15 and ch B for HF or the other way around) and use the internal DSP (I guess there are fitting setups available). A further advantage to this would be that you could drive both SRX715 biamped mono from one amp without reconfiguring anything if one of the Xtis dies.
"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2014, 10:26:54 PM »

So you already have 4wire cabling to your SRX715. That's good. If you like to biamp the 715s, keep it that way. There are numerous advantages in biamping. Many of them will work out well if you bring the 715s to high power, which I guess isn't something you do everyday, since two SRX718 are enough low end for your application.

To address your problem: Why don't you use a 4wire cable for the subs too? Channel A of your sub amp will be on 1+/1- of the NL4 speakon, channel B will be on 2+/2-. All you have to do is to plug this 4wire cable in the first SRX718, put another short 4wire cable between the two SRX718 and set the switch below the speakon connectors on sub 1 to 1+/- and the switch on sub 2 to 2+/-. Every subwoofer no connects to his own channel of your amplifier and you have to run only one 4wire cable to the subs.

Another tip: If you'd like to simplify your setup, get rid of the XLS2000 and the DriveRack+ and get another Xti6002. Now use one Xti6002 per SRX715 (ch A for the 15 and ch B for HF or the other way around) and use the internal DSP (I guess there are fitting setups available). A further advantage to this would be that you could drive both SRX715 biamped mono from one amp without reconfiguring anything if one of the Xtis dies.

Oh yeah duh !!! That makes complete sense using the switches to select the different connections for the subs only - even though they are typically used to send signal through and up into the mids. Well that is a great idea and easily doable !!
Purchasing another XTI6002 even if I were to sell my XLS and DRPA would be a bit of a stretch for me right now though and I am on restriction spending PA money for the time being. My GAS had gotten out of control and my husband insisted we start paying the mortgage instead !!! he he
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2014, 10:26:54 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.