ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DBX Zone Pro 1260m, thoughts?  (Read 2279 times)

Mark Schleper

DBX Zone Pro 1260m, thoughts?
« on: June 25, 2014, 10:52:58 AM »

I am thinking of purchasing one of these, for a local theater.  Everything would be setup and controlled from the A/V room.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zone-Pro-1260-Digital-Zone-Processor-/251568626186?pt=US_Signal_Processors_Rack_Effects&hash=item3a92a89a0a

Whats a fair price to pay for one...I see new they are around $1400.00, any issues buying used?  or are there any similar products that are better/comparable? 

Thanks!!!

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
Re: DBX Zone Pro 1260m, thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 09:05:39 AM »

I am thinking of purchasing one of these, for a local theater.  Everything would be setup and controlled from the A/V room.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zone-Pro-1260-Digital-Zone-Processor-/251568626186?pt=US_Signal_Processors_Rack_Effects&hash=item3a92a89a0a

Whats a fair price to pay for one...I see new they are around $1400.00, any issues buying used?  or are there any similar products that are better/comparable? 

Thanks!!!

$500 is a steal for that.  What exactly are you hoping to accomplish with it?  Do you require the ability to route multiple sources to multiple zones?  Do you require 12 inputs?  If all you're looking for is a DSP with 6 outputs and xover, EQ, delay, etc. there are better processors out there.  If you need the routing then you'll be hard pressed to find a better unit for this price.  I've installed over a dozen of these and they are rock solid.  Depending on the skill level of the person(s) who will be operating the system, you might want to look at the ZC1 volume controls and/or ZC9 source controls. 

My personal favorite zone processor right now is the Ashly NE8800.  Ashly has a companion iPad app that makes it incredibly simple to use.  It's a good bit more expensive than the ZonePro, but you get what you pay for. 

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: DBX Zone Pro 1260m, thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 09:05:39 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.