ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help for sound reinforcement gear configuration for small installed theater  (Read 8326 times)

Andre Vare

• Hamilton, ON Canada

But I have only 4 mics, so I do not need mixer with so many chanels. Or Presonus Studiolive 16.0.2 can be used for a my small venue.
The Presonus mutes between scene changes.  This makes the unit unsuitable for scene changes where some inputs are to remain on while some are changed in level or other otherwise unrelated settings to overall output.

A thread about this is http://forums.presonus.com/posts/list/3104.page

Unmuted,
Andre

Thomas Le

You could also look at the X32 compact. IMO at this point in time, the Presonus boards aren't worth their price since there's no full recall on the HA and faders.

quan.dangle

Thank you all for your great helps.

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio

With PCC160, the ratio of voice to footsteps varies greatly, depending on the construction of the stage and the footwear of the performers.

I would recommend Behringer, Soundcraft, or Allen & Heath digital mixers over the Presonus, depending upon the prices, and the abilities of the person or persons who will be operating the console.

quan.dangle

With PCC160, the ratio of voice to footsteps varies greatly, depending on the construction of the stage and the footwear of the performers.

I would recommend Behringer, Soundcraft, or Allen & Heath digital mixers over the Presonus, depending upon the prices, and the abilities of the person or persons who will be operating the console.

My stage is in the center 4m x 4m x 0.5m rising up. I intend to cover stage with carpet attached with felt. If it does not solve the problem, so what is the solution.

Further I put the PCC 160 out of the vertical directivity of the speaker cause I position speaker in the center and above the stage near ceiling (1m distance) that help avoiding problem.

Tim Perry

• Utica-Rome NY

My stage is in the center 4m x 4m x 0.5m rising up. I intend to cover stage with carpet attached with felt. If it does not solve the problem, so what is the solution.

Further I put the PCC 160 out of the vertical directivity of the speaker cause I position speaker in the center and above the stage near ceiling (1m distance) that help avoiding problem.

When using any type of "area" micing it is necessary to to create a "dead zone" where the sound source is (actors).  The speakers must be positioned so they do not point at the microphone. 

quan.dangle

I check Crown PCC160 product and find that cable wire going along with is 15 foot, black, 2-conductor shielded cable with Switchcraft TA3F connector and A3M connector. It means that cable is 15 foot length, so how can I have a distance of , for example, 40 foot. Ordinary mic cable can be used in this case. I means XLR one.

Tim Perry

• Utica-Rome NY

I check Crown PCC160 product and find that cable wire going along with is 15 foot, black, 2-conductor shielded cable with Switchcraft TA3F connector and A3M connector. It means that cable is 15 foot length, so how can I have a distance of , for example, 40 foot. Ordinary mic cable can be used in this case. I means XLR one.

Yes

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 25 queries.