ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alto TS112a vs EV ZLX12p?  (Read 18292 times)

Richard Penrose

Re: Alto TS112a vs EV ZLX12p?
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2014, 03:29:55 PM »

I used both the Alto TS112a's for an acoustic gig with 4 vocals, piano and upright bass. The sound was surprisingly good. However, in an ideal world I am still tempted to get something even smaller. I noticed that the EV ZLX12p's have dropped in price at Thomann and now cost £264 each which is a very good deal. I've also been tempted with the RCF710a's but these cost around £400 each.

James A. Griffin

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2014, 03:33:55 PM »

I used both the Alto TS112a's.........  I am still tempted to get something even smaller. I noticed that the EV ZLX12p's have dropped in price

The EV is an inch shorter and weighs 1 pound less.
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Richard Penrose

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2014, 04:25:31 PM »

The EV is an inch shorter and weighs 1 pound less.

Oh I thought I read somewhere the differences were more than this! I've obviously been mistaken.

Looks like only the RCF 710a really offers any worthwhile weight and size advantages.

Richard Penrose

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2014, 06:45:19 PM »

I've spoken to a few dealers and users regarding the EV ZLX12p and RCF 710a and keep hearing pretty much the same responses. From the people I've spoken to, the EV ZLX12p and Alto TS112a are pretty much on a par audio quality wise with the EV perhaps offering a tiny bit more output and bass response. Some prefer the EV's and some prefer the Alto's! Also the EV ZLX12p's don't use EV drivers and have generic Chinese speakers??

With the RCF 710a's everyone without exception has said that it is a far superior speaker! It apparently has way more clarity and output and it's 10" driver at least matches the bass response of the TS112a if not outdo the Alto!

It doesn't seem worthwhile spending at least £250 extra on the EV ZLX12p's to what I paid for my TS112a's for marginal improvements if any!?

I now need to decide whether the RCF710a's are worth the extra £500 per pair for the 3kg per speaker I'll be saving!? Also I'm already getting lots of good comments on how good the Alto's sound which makes the decision quite harder!

My other option would be to get a couple of higher quality mics instead of changing speakers like the Sennheiser E945 which are the clearest sounding live dynamics I've heard along with the JZ HH1 and would further improve the sound I'm getting with the Altos AND my main Yamaha DXR15/EV ELX118p pa!?

James A. Griffin

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2014, 12:02:52 PM »

Oh I thought I read somewhere the differences were more than this! I've obviously been mistaken.

Do they have Google where you live?
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2014, 12:02:52 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 25 queries.