ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPads as optional confidence monitors  (Read 5799 times)

Levi Pease

iPads as optional confidence monitors
« on: April 16, 2014, 08:09:51 PM »

Greetings a/v techs,

I'm looking for a solid method to push a live video feed to iPads for us as an optional confidence monitor. I'm using a Kramer VP-727xl video switcher and the output signal would be RGBHV 1024 x 768. It would be to mirror the projector so minimal delay is a must. Does anyone have any experience with this or know if any good apps?

thanks!!!

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
Re: iPads as optional confidence monitors
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 07:21:15 AM »

Greetings a/v techs,

I'm looking for a solid method to push a live video feed to iPads for us as an optional confidence monitor. I'm using a Kramer VP-727xl video switcher and the output signal would be RGBHV 1024 x 768. It would be to mirror the projector so minimal delay is a must. Does anyone have any experience with this or know if any good apps?

thanks!!!
Setting up an iPad as a second screen for the presentation laptop is one way to go.
http://www.teachthought.com/ipad-2/4-apps-to-use-your-ipad-as-a-second-screen/
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 11:20:00 AM »

Greetings a/v techs,

thanks!!!
Levi,

You could also look into a thin, USB-powered monitor.  Pair it with a USB extender and, possibly, a powered hub at the lectern, and the audience won't even know it's there.  It eats up space to place notes on, but that's kind of why the confidence monitor is there in the first place, no?

Lenovo makes a couple that I've seen used in the past, but I haven't actually been able to try it out for myself (yet).
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 04:26:18 PM »

Levi,

You could also look into a thin, USB-powered monitor.  Pair it with a USB extender and, possibly, a powered hub at the lectern, and the audience won't even know it's there.  It eats up space to place notes on, but that's kind of why the confidence monitor is there in the first place, no?

Lenovo makes a couple that I've seen used in the past, but I haven't actually been able to try it out for myself (yet).

On the USB monitor line of thinking these look pretty nice, though I haven't used one.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005SEZR0G/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=ZI8F3LURZ6PM&coliid=I3FKMD2UWFMQUK&psc=1

Setting up an iPad as a second screen for the presentation laptop is one way to go.
http://www.teachthought.com/ipad-2/4-apps-to-use-your-ipad-as-a-second-screen/

On the iPad/tablet as a second screen line of thinking:

I've used this to make my iPad a second screen and it works pretty well. The framerate isn't good enough for video though, but it is clear and readable. It's also available for Android so a cheap Android tablet would work too.

Greg Bellotte

• SLC, UT
    • www.MambaFiber.com
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 03:03:08 PM »

I'm using a pretty cool solution. It involves one computer (MacBook Pro) with a TB HD-SDI capture device and an iPad (ipad2 or mini for us). I use the MBP to capture live HDvideo (1080i59.94) and display it full screen. Then using Splashtop (desktop streamer on MBP, client on iPad) I remote desktop the MBP screen onto the iPad. The video runs pretty smoothly, and the latency is only about one frame. Perfectly acceptable for a wireless HD monitor IMO.

I use this same solution and use the iPad mini as a wireless touch remote for a playback software called SpotOn. Can set the mini on the audio console and have no wires to get in the way... ;D
timing is everything...

www.MambaFiber.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 03:03:08 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 25 queries.