ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: EV ETX 35p & 18SP  (Read 31786 times)

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
Re: EV ETX 35p & 18SP
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2014, 01:04:31 PM »

I'm waiting to demo the ETX line myself, but haven't yet heard it so I can't speak their performance. 

I can however tell you that I own a pair of EV ZXA5-90 boxes, and I am tickled pink with their performance.  Don't stray away from EV simply because of anything you may have heard about the live-x and zlx offerings.  Everyone needs to offer something entry level these days.

With just my pair of mid-high's and four 2x18" bass bins, we filled a 172 person theatre with hard rock levels and had ample headroom to spare.  I'll bet with 60-deg boxes two per side you could get to the 400-person (i know i'm doing it again) level.  Since buying them I've been looking for a powered sub that could keep up, and the ETX18sp seems to be one of the few that could contend on paper.  However, for other reasons I'm saving for TH118's. 

+1 to the QRX series.  Other than the 115/75 that caught fire as a monitor for my lead guitar/keyboard player, (long story, he was always too loud) i've seen those cabinets really hold their own.  Lots of people around here seem to be running the QRX212/75 cabs with great success for applications similar to yours.  If you can find some JBL SRX series stuff in good shape, those are another favourite around here.  The horns are a little too "rock" for my taste, but for some that's what fits the bill, and they sure do rock!
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada
Live Events - Life Events - Corporate Events

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: EV ETX 35p & 18SP
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2014, 01:04:31 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 24 queries.