ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Q about getting 10 mono monitor mixes from qu32  (Read 4444 times)

Nicholas Bailey

Q about getting 10 mono monitor mixes from qu32
« on: September 03, 2014, 09:05:41 PM »

Guys,

Have anyone got to experiment with a qu-32 and how it handles patching.  I am looking for a digital mixer for a room at church.  I am looking for a reasonable solution that will provide 10 in-ear mixes that can be controlled with iPad.  I really liked the qu-32 mixer, but I think it will only support 7 mixes because of 5-10 being stereo mixes only.  Is there a way to configure those stereo auxes to be mono?  Would I need a external stage box to create more mono mixes.

Thanks for the help.

Nick

Mike Sullivan

Re: Q about getting 10 mono monitor mixes from qu32
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 01:12:17 AM »

Guys,

Have anyone got to experiment with a qu-32 and how it handles patching.  I am looking for a digital mixer for a room at church.  I am looking for a reasonable solution that will provide 10 in-ear mixes that can be controlled with iPad.  I really liked the qu-32 mixer, but I think it will only support 7 mixes because of 5-10 being stereo mixes only.  Is there a way to configure those stereo auxes to be mono?  Would I need a external stage box to create more mono mixes.

Thanks for the help.

Nick

Everything I have seen says that there's no way to change them, as it was one of my choices.  I would look at other choices in the price range.

Look at an X32, as you can do 16 true individual mixes if you so choose, and the iPad & iPhone/iPod app is so far one of the best IMHO compared to other offerings.  My second choice (well choices) would be

- Studiolive 32.4.2AI, which has 14 mixes and has a just as great & easy to use iPad app (the only downfall being non recallable preamps)
- Studiolive RM32 which was just announced, which will offer 16 mixes and recallable pre's & appears to have a very similar layout to the Studiolive iPad apps
- Soundcraft Expression, which also does 14 mixes and has fully recallable preamps, but the iPad app is still an "in the works" deal and I'm not sure if there's an iPhone/iPod app.

YMMV, right now you can't beat the X32...If you would have asked me a year ago and I would have swore by the Studiolive, but after working with the X32 Compact, and using the iPad app, I have to agree that it is quite a piece of machinery for the price.  Which is why I'm selling my Studiolive 24.4.2 for one...lol
When you're reading a topic, and the word "Danley" comes up...RUN!!!

Mark Rombouts

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 02:46:51 PM »

10 mixes on Qu32 is not possible.

Allen & Heath GLD system can do this. And has a very nice Ipad app for use as intended. You can assign users specific mix busses to change. So everybody can work on there own mix, and not mess up others.

Nicholas Bailey

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 10:01:03 PM »

That was what i was afraid of.

How does the qu handle a stage box. are those outs assignable?  I would love to get a gld, but at the moment it is out of my price range.  I just reread the docs at allen and heath and the matrixes are only a mix off the groups plus the final mix outs just like a analog board.

Nick
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 07:13:11 AM by Nicholas Bailey »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 11:59:03 AM »

That was what i was afraid of.

How does the qu handle a stage box. are those outs assignable?  I would love to get a gld, but at the moment it is out of my price range.  I just reread the docs at allen and heath and the matrixes are only a mix off the groups plus the final mix outs just like a analog board.

Nick

The mixers that will let you route inputs directly to a matrix are all significantly more $$ than the Qu series.

What have you been doing to get 10 mixes out of whatever you've been using?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 11:59:03 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.