ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audiopile group order for Minnesota/etc - April/May  (Read 4331 times)

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Audiopile group order for Minnesota/etc - April/May
« on: April 16, 2014, 10:33:58 AM »

Hi all. I'm looking to grab some cases from Audiopile (EWI) in the next 3 weeks or so. Wanted to throw this out to anyone else who may want to grab some stuff and consolidate shipping charges.

I don't have a dock, but have a vehicle and can coordinate pickup from the LTL depot and transport back to my shop in Roseville, MN.

How this would work is we agree on an order date, we each call Liz at Audiopile to place the order and make payment, and she would divide the shipping cost by weight, or whatever makes sense. I would pick up the gear from the depot, and hold at my shop until you pick it up from me. Alternatively, if someone in the metro area wants to volunteer their dock/warehouse, we could do that too.

If you're interested, please reply to this thread. I need to place my order no later than about May 12th.

George Dougherty

Re: Audiopile group order for Minnesota/etc - April/May
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 10:48:49 AM »

Hi all. I'm looking to grab some cases from Audiopile (EWI) in the next 3 weeks or so. Wanted to throw this out to anyone else who may want to grab some stuff and consolidate shipping charges.

I don't have a dock, but have a vehicle and can coordinate pickup from the LTL depot and transport back to my shop in Roseville, MN.

How this would work is we agree on an order date, we each call Liz at Audiopile to place the order and make payment, and she would divide the shipping cost by weight, or whatever makes sense. I would pick up the gear from the depot, and hold at my shop until you pick it up from me. Alternatively, if someone in the metro area wants to volunteer their dock/warehouse, we could do that too.

If you're interested, please reply to this thread. I need to place my order no later than about May 12th.

Have you checked with Liz on this?  The cases I've ordered ship as individual boxes, though my racks have been rolling racks in the 14U range.  In that case I'd expect that shipping multiple items would cost essentially the same unless you were ordering smaller items that could pack inside the racks.  I wouldn't expect much there though as the boxes are stapled and double boxed for shipping.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 10:52:47 AM »

Have you checked with Liz on this?  The cases I've ordered ship as individual boxes, though my racks have been rolling racks in the 14U range.  In that case I'd expect that shipping multiple items would cost essentially the same unless you were ordering smaller items that could pack inside the racks.  I wouldn't expect much there though as the boxes are stapled and double boxed for shipping.
This has been done a number of times before both by me and others.  Multiple cases are palletized - as tall as possible, and are sent via LTL trucking to a shipping dock.  The cost savings is very substantial, and gets better with more volume.

Bob Cap

• Classic LAB
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 12:49:54 PM »

Tom,

I might have a few things I need. I'll get back to you asap.

Bob Cap
Advanced Audio Inc.
Gilbert

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 05:13:52 PM »

Have you checked with Liz on this?  The cases I've ordered ship as individual boxes, though my racks have been rolling racks in the 14U range.  In that case I'd expect that shipping multiple items would cost essentially the same unless you were ordering smaller items that could pack inside the racks. I wouldn't expect much there though as the boxes are stapled and double boxed for shipping.
Re the bolded text-- Liz is absolutely amazing when it comes to making shipping as much and as efficiently as possible. Even though I rarely have her ship me things (yay for only being about a 5-6 hour drive away from Farmington, WA!), the times I have-- she has packed things inside of others, and whatever it takes to reduce the shipping size as much as possible.

That being said, yes, they send it out as a pallet(s), wrapped and strapped, right where you need it. Last time I was there, there was an order of 16 C004DCs all palletized for a venue, I think. Two unassuming pallets, all ready to go!

I know I am preaching to the choir here-- the service and quality (for the price) from Audiopile is pretty much unmatched. They'll do just about anything!

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

George Dougherty

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 06:23:15 PM »

I know I am preaching to the choir here-- the service and quality (for the price) from Audiopile is pretty much unmatched. They'll do just about anything!

-Ray
+1 to that. Audiopile is on a very short list of vendors that I deal with without hesitation.  Just ordered in 3 pairs of 300C SDC's today set for delivery by Friday and Liz gave me several reasonable options on shipping.

Thad Kraus

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 06:50:36 PM »

Actually looking at making an order of three cable trunks and possibly a rack in the near future. Down in the Appleton, WI area though. Keep in touch if this ends up looking like it will happen. Might be interested.

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 02:36:31 AM »

+1 on Audiopile service. Mark drove out to a remote warehouse on Christmas eve (or maybe the 23rd) for me last year to see if they had something in stock that I needed urgently. Liz and I have had a bunch of phone conversations over the past few years.  Awefully nice people with good products and good prices.
Mark McFarlane

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 07:23:20 AM »

Actually looking at making an order of three cable trunks and possibly a rack in the near future. Down in the Appleton, WI area though. Keep in touch if this ends up looking like it will happen. Might be interested.
My order is absolutely going to happen, and I'm ordering enough gear that it will be LTL, even if no one else joins me.  Let me know if you're in in the next week or so.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 09:16:01 AM »

I'm getting ready to place my order.  Some of the gear I need is on their 2nd week of May shipment, so delivery would be mid-may.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 09:16:01 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.