ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha MS202ii - alternatives?  (Read 4193 times)

Steve Kennedy-Williams

• Kennedy-Williams.net
Yamaha MS202ii - alternatives?
« on: April 15, 2014, 03:28:52 PM »

Our go to utility audio monitor has been the Yamaha MS202ii. Long since discontinued, we've been able to keep our units repaired and functional with minimal attrition.

I've been tasked with finding a replacement. The MS101 is still available, but we do prefer the 202.

Been looking around B&H and Markertek and I'm not seeing anything comparable.

Suggestions?

Jordan Wolf

Yamaha MS202ii - alternatives?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 09:14:20 PM »

Steve,

I really like the Mackie SRM150 monitor for backstage/general purpose stuff.  It works tabletop or can be fitted onto a tall, straight mic stand.

It also sound pretty good.

I've also been eyeing the Remote Audio SpeakEasy v3b for potential personal use if I start freelancing more...would work great as a plant speaker in a theatre, as well as it's "intended" uses.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 09:23:40 PM by Jordan Wolf »
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Josh Hana

Re: Yamaha MS202ii - alternatives?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 02:24:19 PM »

We use MS101s all the time. Backstage video/client monitors, shout boxes at consoles or backline techs, testing around the shop, they're great little boxes. I haven't used the 202, but is there a reason you don't like the 101?

Thomas Le

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 04:07:07 PM »

Can you buy used? There's one on ebay. I have the MS20S variant and it's good for what it does, bought used and only issue is cosmetics as one is missing the grille.

Steve Kennedy-Williams

• Kennedy-Williams.net
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 05:50:26 PM »

We use MS101s all the time. Backstage video/client monitors, shout boxes at consoles or backline techs, testing around the shop, they're great little boxes. I haven't used the 202, but is there a reason you don't like the 101?

We also own 101s but the 202 with it's higher output and more convenient input arrangement is preferred. It also has a larger footprint, more stable.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 05:50:26 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.