ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommend Updates for Midas Pro2/1 V3 Software  (Read 22969 times)

Peter Morris

Re: Recommend Updates for Midas Pro2/1 V3 Software
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 05:35:54 AM »

Richard Bilton

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 06:46:15 AM »

1/ On the Pro1 being in fader flip mode is not highlighted enough, I think there needs to some sort of global indicator.  If you switch screens, say to FX rack & fader flip is still activated, the only indication I have is a lit aux send select button.  Being in fader flip mode & not realising it can cause no end of trouble.

2/ I'd also like to see a better RTA.
With my previous setup I could solo any channel or send & see the audio with much higher resolution. This was very useful for finding those problematic frequencies.

3/ The offline editor version needs to match the f/w version.

Slightly veering off thread but is it just me or are the firmware update links on the Midas site not working?  I'm getting 404s.  I'm not sure my F/W is fully up to date.

Richard Bilton

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 11:56:51 AM »

1/ On the Pro1 being in fader flip mode is not highlighted enough, I think there needs to some sort of global indicator.  If you switch screens, say to FX rack & fader flip is still activated, the only indication I have is a lit aux send select button.  Being in fader flip mode & not realising it can cause no end of trouble.

2/ I'd also like to see a better RTA.
With my previous setup I could solo any channel or send & see the audio with much higher resolution. This was very useful for finding those problematic frequencies.

3/ The offline editor version needs to match the f/w version.

Slightly veering off thread but is it just me or are the firmware update links on the Midas site not working?  I'm getting 404s.  I'm not sure my F/W is fully up to date.

I've just downloaded the latest editor & it all matches up now, patching & effects. Thanks!

Tucker Dragoo

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2014, 02:54:22 AM »

I would like to be able to assign the user knobs and buttons to *selected channel* - gain, trim, eq f/q/g, HPF/LPF. It would be very useful on festivals to be able to run down the row getting things set quickly during line checks.

jason misterka

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2014, 06:30:13 PM »

I would like to be able to assign the user knobs and buttons to *selected channel* - gain, trim, eq f/q/g, HPF/LPF. It would be very useful on festivals to be able to run down the row getting things set quickly during line checks.

Exactly.

Or on the PRO1 to make them AUX1-8 (my monitors) for whichever channel is selected.  The PRO2 already has these knobs.

Jason

jason misterka

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2014, 06:45:37 PM »

This is my biggest complaint regarding the PRO1.  I am sure I will get used to it but it already has messed me up on several occasions.   Flip Fader mode on other manufacturer's consoles is typically more "in your face".  The little lights in the aux buttons are NOT very noticeable in sunlight.

Jason

jason misterka

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 06:52:08 PM »

My list:

#3  UNDO button.  We need a go back one step button.  Or call it save my ass button.

#4  Parametric and graphic EQ's on all outputs.

#5  In flip mode you should be able to do the X32 style flip.  Select your channel in flip mode and see the levels of that channel on the output faders for 8 mixes at a time.

#6  A Check box in setup so that you can turn on and off safety pop up windows when jumping scenes.  I have solved this problem by installing covers over my Next and Last buttons using the SIP button covers.

I think that most of these ideas could have a check box in setup to turn them on and off.  I say give us the option to turn things on and off. 

I think Midas needs to realize that the price point that these desks are now in puts them in the hands of local / regional sound companies which handle throw and go festivals for the most part.  Lets face it the desk is designed for touring but carries a festival price tag.  We need speed of setup like names in the presets and safety of not jumping scenes by accident that in a festival situation could mean from one band to another.  FYI I'm sick of hearing "its Linux based the software can't do that" Bullshit X32 does it, so does every other Linux based desk.

Please post your ideas below.  If you don't voice your opinion they wont know what you want.

PLUS 1

Wesley van de Haterd

• VDH Audio
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2014, 02:50:46 AM »

Having the Cue follow the mix that you are listening to when in a monitor world environment is my biggest thing.
This indeed is a feature i would really like to see in the new update. This would make the Pro1 a lot easier to use for monitor applications!

Kyle Van Sandt

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2014, 01:26:31 AM »

-If you select a mix on the output faders, it flips to faders instead of having to select it in the outputs section. 
-When you are viewing the mix outputs on the screen, the labels should line up with the pots, not all be together
-Gain control on the iPad app
-+1 for reverse flip and always there RTA (both X32 features...)

....and the biggest one....
-FIX THE PATCH SCREEN.  IT MAKES NO SENSE.  You should not have to hover your mouse over ever single thing to see what it is.  Clearer labels would also be nice.
Kyle Van Sandt
Production Coordinator
The Egg, Albany, NY
vansandtdesigns.com

Chris Mittlesteadt

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 03:35:12 PM »

How about making MIDI program change=scene recall work?  I've tried and tried with no success and have had essentially no help from multiple calls to Midas Tech Support... :(

While we're talking MIDI, how about implementing delay tap tempo to follow MIDI beat clock?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 03:35:12 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.