ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Pole Mount  (Read 8890 times)

Bob Burke

• 90 dB
Pole Mount
« on: April 14, 2014, 11:20:19 AM »

Hello all. I have one of these Cube Street amps for my Busking “PA”:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/roland-cube-street-battery-powered-stereo-guitar-combo-amp

I would like to put it on a speaker stand, but it doesn't have a pole mount. Is there an external pole mount available that I can screw onto this thingy?  I can find the internal ones, but don't think there is enough clearance inside this little box to mount one. I hate to go to the trouble of fabricating something if there is one available.

Thanks.

Bob

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Pole Mount
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 11:29:54 AM »

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/roland-cube-street-battery-powered-stereo-guitar-combo-amp

I would like to put it on a speaker stand, but it doesn't have a pole mount. Is there an external pole mount available that I can screw onto this thingy?  I can find the internal ones, but don't think there is enough clearance inside this little box to mount one. I hate to go to the trouble of fabricating something if there is one available.

Thanks.

Bob

Like this?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ultimate-Support-BMB-200K-Speaker-Mounting-Bracket-101180222-i1142063.gc?source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=CMyqrMml4L0CFewDOgodLBgAjQ&kwid=productads-plaid%5E65680375122-sku%5E101180222@ADL4GC-adType%5EPLA-device%5Ec-adid%5E27117850122
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Taylor Hall

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 11:31:13 AM »

Since you're talking about pole mounting it I'll assume the standard amp racks aren't high enough for your needs. The sloped back would make it difficult to mount it without having something integral to the box itself. Making a platform to secure it to and then attaching that to your pole would be your best bet, but keeping the amp from tipping would be an issue.

We've used these on-stage adapters with good results for when we need to raise something without a pole mount. We attached a piece of 3/4" ply to it and then ratchet down whatever box we put on top. Not ideal, but works in a pinch and also makes a good impromptu projector stand.

https://onstagestands.com/products/view/117555/5135
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 11:47:02 AM »

Thanks.

Bob

The problem with elevating such amps is that in doing so you de-couple them from the ground plane.  You then lose a lot of the low and low-mid frequencies making for a thinner and somewhat harsh sound.  I haven't really found a way to effectively compensate for the loss of tone and iI'm using essentially the same rig.

If you're by a wall and not out in the wide open spaces you can use the wall as a reflector.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 12:13:02 PM »

Since you're talking about pole mounting it I'll assume the standard amp racks aren't high enough for your needs. The sloped back would make it difficult to mount it without having something integral to the box itself. Making a platform to secure it to and then attaching that to your pole would be your best bet, but keeping the amp from tipping would be an issue.

We've used these on-stage adapters with good results for when we need to raise something without a pole mount. We attached a piece of 3/4" ply to it and then ratchet down whatever box we put on top. Not ideal, but works in a pinch and also makes a good impromptu projector stand.

https://onstagestands.com/products/view/117555/5135

Busking with a battery powered amp doesn't usually include amp racks :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Bob Burke

• 90 dB
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 01:27:05 PM »

The problem with elevating such amps is that in doing so you de-couple them from the ground plane.  You then lose a lot of the low and low-mid frequencies making for a thinner and somewhat harsh sound.  I haven't really found a way to effectively compensate for the loss of tone and iI'm using essentially the same rig.

If you're by a wall and not out in the wide open spaces you can use the wall as a reflector.

I know what you mean, but we're busking at festivals, fairs and in the street, and I'm running two vocal mics and my A/E guitar through the little thing. I need to get it up in the air to cover more area.

Of course, Roland just came out with a 50 watt version with 8" speakers instead of 6.5"!!!

Taylor Hall

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 01:39:02 PM »

Busking with a battery powered amp doesn't usually include amp racks :-)

I meant these, Rob :P

There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 01:48:16 PM »

I know what you mean, but we're busking at festivals, fairs and in the street, and I'm running two vocal mics and my A/E guitar through the little thing. I need to get it up in the air to cover more area.

Of course, Roland just came out with a 50 watt version with 8" speakers instead of 6.5"!!!

Bob...

Please forgive me for going "old school" on you, but we played on the streets for years with acoustic guitar, banjo and two vocals...to crowds of several hundred people and a hefty ambient noise level.

We used no amps whatsoever.

It can be done.  You could replace the A/E with a nice resonator if you need punch.  Vocals just require voices accustomed to projecting without mics.

Again, it can be done.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Bob Burke

• 90 dB
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 02:58:17 PM »

Bob...

Please forgive me for going "old school" on you, but we played on the streets for years with acoustic guitar, banjo and two vocals...to crowds of several hundred people and a hefty ambient noise level.

We used no amps whatsoever.

It can be done.  You could replace the A/E with a nice resonator if you need punch.  Vocals just require voices accustomed to projecting without mics.

Again, it can be done.

We've done it that way for many years as well. Lots of fun, and easy to cart around. We wanted to do more, though. We've got the Cube street for 2 vocal dynamics, and my A/E (and Telecaster); and a Taxi Limo with my wife's bass and our backing tracks ( I just upgraded the cheap Crate speaker with an Eminence 10”). We've got a Rock & Roller cart to wheel the gear around on. Everything fits in the car.

The sound is much better, and consequently, we make more money. Total wattage: 55.  ;D

Brian Charbobs

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 06:58:25 PM »

We've done it that way for many years as well. Lots of fun, and easy to cart around. We wanted to do more, though. We've got the Cube street for 2 vocal dynamics, and my A/E (and Telecaster); and a Taxi Limo with my wife's bass and our backing tracks ( I just upgraded the cheap Crate speaker with an Eminence 10”). We've got a Rock & Roller cart to wheel the gear around on. Everything fits in the car.

The sound is much better, and consequently, we make more money. Total wattage: 55.  ;D

Get a small system like a Yamaha Stagepas, or Fender Passport, easy to set up easy to move around and they sound nice, esp the Stagepas.
Friends don't let friends use Behringer

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 06:58:25 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 25 queries.