ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clean up your tent shows....  (Read 11882 times)

jasonfinnigan

Re: Clean up your tent shows....
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2014, 11:03:28 AM »

Maybe it's just me, but telling people to fly on hardware they don't know the weight capacity of as well as just jimmy rigging clamps on poles seems like asking for trouble. (READ: Liability)

James A. Griffin

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2014, 11:06:12 AM »

Are you using 2" global trust clamps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes the GT Mini-360 is their smaller 2" clamp, rated at 225 #.   
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

James A. Griffin

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2014, 11:08:38 AM »

Maybe it's just me, but telling people to fly on hardware they don't know the weight capacity of as well as just jimmy rigging clamps on poles seems like asking for trouble. (READ: Liability)

No one is telling anyone to do anything.

FYI:   

Bracket rated for 100 lb load
Clamps rates for  225 lb each
EV ZLX 12p Speaker   35 lb.
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2014, 11:12:00 AM »

No one is telling anyone to do anything.

FYI:   

Bracket rated for 100 lb load
Clamps rates for  225 lb each
EV ZLX 12p Speaker   35 lb.

Yes, but the pole is holding it all so you would need to know the weight limit. This all looks like an insurance claim waiting to happen to me.

James A. Griffin

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2014, 11:13:59 AM »

1) I would prefer using a bracket that connects via rigging points like the M10s on my K10s. This would be to avoid the unlikely, but possible situation where the tent bounces around causing the speaker to bounce off the pole mounting (also a possibility with tripods, but probably closer to the ground) and instead provide a mount that doesn't rely on gravity.

Absolutely... anything additional you can do to secure your specific speaker is a bonus.  The other thing you can do with the K series is to use their mounting bracket that bolts to the top and bottom of cabinet.. Then bolt the clamps to the K bracket and you're rock solid.

2) If you're able to suggest layout, having a tent with a stage under it at one end, and the audience in the middle and at the other end, running longways, you can ensure the stage is behind the speakers. In the OP picture, the seats would orient facing one end instead of one side. Obviously not an option here since half the audience is not under the tent. However, using that pic, there are 6 poles per side. The speakers could be mounted in the #2 spot and the stage between #1 and #2, audience between #2 and #6.

The client's wishes as to orientation can limit the practicality of this.    And in most cases, the tent is up before we get there.

James A. Griffin

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2014, 11:16:44 AM »

Yes, but the pole is holding it all so you would need to know the weight limit. This all looks like an insurance claim waiting to happen to me.

Adding 35 pounds to one of 14 2" poles supporting a structure is a negligible difference.

Michael A. Yates

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2014, 06:05:18 PM »

Yes the GT Mini-360 is their smaller 2" clamp, rated at 225 #.

Awesome will give this a try!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2014, 06:05:18 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.