ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Tips for cajon ?  (Read 15333 times)

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions
Re: Tips for cajon ?
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 11:12:25 AM »

Well I realize I'm digging up a almost fossilized thread but....

Been using this mic setup on the cajon the past few times we've run one and I really like how it sounds. It's some kind of CAD kick mic combined with an AT Pro35.

With this setup you can dial in how much boom(kick mic channel) vs. the high stuff(condenser with channel high pass engaged) that you want.

While that setup looks like it might give acceptable results you do understand that it doesn't matter anyways, don't you,  seeing as the only one that really wants to hear the cajon is the person beating on it.

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 01:24:35 PM »

While that setup looks like it might give acceptable results you do understand that it doesn't matter anyways, don't you,  seeing as the only one that really wants to hear the cajon is the person beating on it.

I've done a few jazz shows now with a really talented guy on Cajon, a hi-hat and a ride cymbal. He has a snare-like attachment on the Cajon. Often plays with brushes.  It actually sounds very good.

Regarding the internal mic, I have been able to dial that in and use it at a few festivals with success, but still with a SDC in front and SDCs on the cymbals.
Mark McFarlane

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 02:32:50 PM »

I've done a few jazz shows now with a really talented guy on Cajon, a hi-hat and a ride cymbal. He has a snare-like attachment on the Cajon. Often plays with brushes.  It actually sounds very good.

Regarding the internal mic, I have been able to dial that in and use it at a few festivals with success, but still with a SDC in front and SDCs on the cymbals.

The Cajon players I deal with are good, I've always liked the sound of the instrument and the variety of sounds it will make. Ours had some snares inside and usually the player is stomping a tambourine and sometimes using a egg shaker. The players I deal with don't cooperate with a front mic hence using 2 inside; I can't get enough bass/thump from just an SDC inside due to feedback issues so I high pass it and use a kick mic for the bass. IMO it sounds great and is out of the way; it also let's the player move the instrument around because both mics are attached to the instrument.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running XeonHD + HellsCore b46-t4 using Tapatalk Pro

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 02:32:50 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.