ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Clean up your tent shows....  (Read 11884 times)

James A. Griffin

Re: Clean up your tent shows....
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 07:00:37 PM »

A few problems I can see here is:

1) You're limited on speaker placement to the location of the poles. What if I need to locate the speaker 2 ft. left or right of the poles?

2) Most of the shows I've done in tents involve mixing bands. Placing the speakers on tent poles behind the band doesn't interest me (although wedding planners would love it!).

-Mark

Of course the mounting method & speaker placement has to conform to the needs of your event.
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 07:22:51 PM »

I know a lot of you are probably already doing this, but I think it's worth a mention for those who aren't.   

Get rid of your tripods and mount the speakers on the poles that are already there.  All it takes is a wall-mount speaker bracket and 2 clamps.  This clamp is a GT Mini-360.
Its raining with wind and I need to move my loudspeakers further into the tent....ooops wait I cant because they are strapped to the tent poles.   Looks OK but I prefer to be able to grab my speaker on a stick and move real fast if need be.

James A. Griffin

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 07:27:24 PM »

Its raining with wind and I need to move my loudspeakers further into the tent....ooops wait I cant because they are strapped to the tent poles.   Looks OK but I prefer to be able to grab my speaker on a stick and move real fast if need be.

Geezzz.. I'm not saying this is for every gig. It's an OPTION that's worked for me on some gigs, but is not right for all.      as with any information  YMMV
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 07:31:54 PM »

Geezzz.. I'm not saying this is for every gig. It's an OPTION that's worked for me on some gigs, but is not right for all.      as with any information  YMMV

I think it's a fine option, and it's the kind of option that will get you better-paying higher-class gigs.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2014, 08:50:07 PM »

Im sorry it came across negative.  It can work fine for the right
setup and thanks for sharing that idea for everyone James.

Conrad Muzoora

• Mbarara, Uganda. www.koolinvestments.co.ug
    • Kool Events Uganda
Clean up your tent shows....
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 12:52:21 AM »

Wish that was able to help me at this gig. 30 one hundred seat tents with slanting poles phew!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jason misterka

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 07:04:04 PM »

Pop on your UnderCover rain bags?  They have white ones too for that corpy look...

Jason

Michael A. Yates

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2014, 11:45:58 PM »

Are you using 2" global trust clamps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brian Jones

• Modesto, CA
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 09:53:17 AM »

Thanks for posting this. I like the idea a lot. A couple of points...

1) I would prefer using a bracket that connects via rigging points like the M10s on my K10s. This would be to avoid the unlikely, but possible situation where the tent bounces around causing the speaker to bounce off the pole mounting (also a possibility with tripods, but probably closer to the ground) and instead provide a mount that doesn't rely on gravity.

2) If you're able to suggest layout, having a tent with a stage under it at one end, and the audience in the middle and at the other end, running longways, you can ensure the stage is behind the speakers. In the OP picture, the seats would orient facing one end instead of one side. Obviously not an option here since half the audience is not under the tent. However, using that pic, there are 6 poles per side. The speakers could be mounted in the #2 spot and the stage between #1 and #2, audience between #2 and #6.

Josh Millward

• Meridian, MS
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2014, 01:10:17 PM »

I think it's a fine option, and it's the kind of option that will get you better-paying higher-class gigs.
Absolutely. This is the kind of option you should have available, especially for those delay loudspeakers that are towards the back of the tent.

Getting the big ugly tripod stands out of the way and getting your loudspeakers up in the air will definitely make you look better to your customers. The only thing I'd change would be to probably add a strap on the back side from the handle on top of the loudspeaker to the bracket so the loudspeaker can not "jump" off the mount. Otherwise, this is an ideal solution to the delay loudspeaker situation in a tent.
Josh Millward
Danley Sound Labs

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2014, 01:10:17 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.