ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: please help xta 448 and subwoofer  (Read 3484 times)

Michel_jilleh

please help xta 448 and subwoofer
« on: March 28, 2014, 08:52:09 PM »

I heard that it is better to use subwoofer in mono mode and the tops stereo , i have 2 Martin audio subs how do i make the connection in mono mode in the crossover .how to connect the two subs to the processor and amp
i have crown amplifier and XTA 448 and Yamaha ls9

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
Re: please help xta 448 and subwoofer
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 09:51:18 AM »

I heard that it is better to use subwoofer in mono mode and the tops stereo , i have 2 Martin audio subs how do i make the connection in mono mode in the crossover .how to connect the two subs to the processor and amp

First, does Martin have presets for the particular subwoofers you own?  Check this document out at the Martin website:

http://www.martin-audio.com/userguides/XTA/DP448/LOAD448.pdf

Mono vs. Stereo configuration depends on your available equipment and preference.  I tend to run my subs in stereo.

Which Crown amplifier model do you have?

Which Martin subwoofers do you have?

Knowing the complete chain of audio gear helps with getting better answers here on the forums.

With the XTA, you should be able to assign outputs as desired.  If running two subs and two tops, I'd assign outputs for each speaker cabinet, and feed each output to amplifier channel(or bridge amplifier if you're using amps that way).

If you want to run a mono sub configuration, assign one output on the XTA to be the subwoofer feed, and cable accordingly.  Depending on the amp model, you may be able to daisy chain patch cables if there are male and female XLR connections on each channel input, if not, you could make a "Y" XLR cable and split the signal physically.

Best regards,

John

John durisko

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 08:25:31 PM »

An XTA DP448 has matrix routing internally. You could assign an input from the LS9 to be your mono subs (aux fed subs) and assign it to two outputs. You could then link the outputs to have same settings. Unlike the old BSS Minidrives that wouldn't allow for crossover overlapping the XTA doesn't care what each output is.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 08:25:31 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 25 queries.