ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha QL5 - Wishing for concurrent access for StageMix  (Read 3067 times)

Bob Charest

• Lab Lounge
  • Westbrook ME, USA
    • Bob Charest Band
Yamaha QL5 - Wishing for concurrent access for StageMix
« on: April 11, 2014, 10:50:34 AM »

I was really hoping for concurrent access for multiple Stagemix clients to the QL5. One can have 1 Stagemix client and 1 QL5 Editor accessing the QL5 concurrently. I just messaged Yamaha asking them if there was a technical reason not to have this feature, and, if not, asking them to consider implementing concurrent access in future software releases.

As other boards at an even lower price point implement this really useful feature I'm surprised that Yamaha would not.

I was considering a purchase (especially for the DCAs) but not without concurrent access, as we need this to allow performers to adjust their IEM mixes on stage.

Any thoughts about this?

Rob Gow

Re: Yamaha QL5 - Wishing for concurrent access for StageMix
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 11:18:23 AM »

I was really hoping for concurrent access for multiple Stagemix clients to the QL5. One can have 1 Stagemix client and 1 QL5 Editor accessing the QL5 concurrently. I just messaged Yamaha asking them if there was a technical reason not to have this feature, and, if not, asking them to consider implementing concurrent access in future software releases.

As other boards at an even lower price point implement this really useful feature I'm surprised that Yamaha would not.

I was considering a purchase (especially for the DCAs) but not without concurrent access, as we need this to allow performers to adjust their IEM mixes on stage.

Any thoughts about this?

Seriously?

My lowly Legacy StudioLive 24.4.2 can have up to a dozen devices connected. One for each of the 10 aux's allowing remote mix control using the QMix app, and one or two for FOH & monitor control as well.

This is surprising. I'm loving the features of the QL1 personally (I'd love to get a QL5 but its just too pricy for my little operation)

Very disappointing.

:(

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 02:01:21 PM »

Any thoughts about this?

This is being discussed amongst Yamaha right now.  I suspect they're negotiating to purchase existing I.P.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 06:43:16 PM »

This is being discussed amongst Yamaha right now.  I suspect they're negotiating to purchase existing I.P.

That said - the only way I could see being disappointed is if you bought one without reading the specs and figuring this out. 

I would welcome the feature, but I'm not sure how much use it would get in our venues. I would never ever let someone NOT on in-ears control their own mix. And the people we do have on in ears are professional enough that we very rarely need to make changes, and really just a couple tweaks when an instrument or musician changes out.   

I just don't see the appeal.  And don't want to be dependent on wifi technology for a successful show. If we had to have artist controlled in-ears, then avioms or something similar. Wireless is just to risky in my RF environment for mission critical work.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 06:43:16 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.