ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: possible x32 rack software bug  (Read 3486 times)

John Sabine

possible x32 rack software bug
« on: April 11, 2014, 06:35:29 PM »

Doing a gig today and during sound check I wanted to get a little more depth out of the guitar so I was going to assign the guitar input to a second channel and try a slightly different eq with a slight delay but every time I would select the input number for the open channel I was going to assign the guitar to the iPad app would either get really slow or just crash. after the first crash the system sent back to what was apparently the last saved settings. using an iPad 2 with all software up to date. mostly posting this so that maybe someone from behringer will see it and check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I think it needs more barn"

George Dougherty

Re: possible x32 rack software bug
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 07:48:10 PM »

Doing a gig today and during sound check I wanted to get a little more depth out of the guitar so I was going to assign the guitar input to a second channel and try a slightly different eq with a slight delay but every time I would select the input number for the open channel I was going to assign the guitar to the iPad app would either get really slow or just crash. after the first crash the system sent back to what was apparently the last saved settings. using an iPad 2 with all software up to date. mostly posting this so that maybe someone from behringer will see it and check it out.

They do have their own forums specifically for this kind of thing.

John Sabine

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 08:06:07 PM »

very limited time and internet access so I had to do what's quick.  somehow they have managed to see almost every x32 post here and respond to them so was thinking they'd see this. will post on behringer forum when it's more convenient. also figured it might save someone a headache this weekend. 

"I think it needs more barn"

Robin Phelps

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 11:06:15 PM »

« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 04:44:45 PM by Robin Phelps »

John Moore

• "learning the hard way sucks donkey kong"
    • Trinity Productions
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 11:22:48 PM »

What firmware version are you running...if the new, the iPad app is not up to date yet from what I know..and is coming...but if using new 2.0x firmware and older iPad app, that could be the issue...
http://www.trinityprosound.com 209-832-8023
DEALER:Dealer for Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, Danley Sound Labs, VTC, Allen & Heath, Ashly, Denon,  Audix, One Systems, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate,  Trusst, Road Ready, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, dB Technologies, RCF, American Audio,  Rapco, CBI Cables, ADJ, Chauvet, Blizzard, Furman, Shure, Tascam, Elite Screens,  BenQ, Midas, Digico,  and many many more...

Robert Piascik

• Westerville, OH (near Columbus)
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 11:25:50 PM »

I'm going to pray you learn the difference between 'Your' and 'You're' and between 'there' and 'their' so that we can better understand your rants.
Pi Entertainment Services
Midas M32R / MR18
Behringer X32R
Danley SH50 / SM80 / TH118 / TH115
Fulcrum Acoustic fa22ac
RCF NX 12SMA
Yamaha DSR112 / DZR10
Powersoft X4 / M50Q
Crown iT8k

Robin Phelps

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 12:07:50 AM »

« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 04:45:23 PM by Robin Phelps »

George Dougherty

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 01:15:27 AM »

My point is more relevant given the OP's limited internet access and time. I'm a Rack owner as well and I'd expect to more likely find a relevant answer in Behringer's own forums with the large and active community they have over there. My own experience has been more stable than the OP's.  I guess dealing with IT support issues all day my first tack would be call the manufacturer, then post on their own forums, then finally post on a general audio forum in terms of spaces most likely to get me an answer.
ProSoundWeb is a good size community with lots of X32 users but it's not the Behringer tech support forums either.  I might not hesitate to ask a "how-to" question here, especially given the level of experience that exists around here, but I'd expect an abnormal crash bug issue to be better addressed elsewhere. No animosity or malice intended for the OP.

George Dougherty

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 01:21:05 AM »

What firmware version are you running...if the new, the iPad app is not up to date yet from what I know..and is coming...but if using new 2.0x firmware and older iPad app, that could be the issue...
That's a thought, though my understanding was the latest x32-mix won't even connect to a 2.x firmware console. The version just prior apparently would, but being as he claims to be updated to the latest version I'd guess that not the case. It could be the opposite though, where a 1.13 firmware might have this kind of issue expecting the 1.15 firmware.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 01:21:05 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.