ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Conflict between Smaart 7 and QSC Signal Manager  (Read 1733 times)

Don Davis

• So Cal
Conflict between Smaart 7 and QSC Signal Manager
« on: April 10, 2014, 05:52:57 PM »

I am having a conflict between Smaart 7 and QSC Signal Manager software. I am able to open Signal Manager and connect to a QSC DSP-4 with no problem. As soon as I open Smaart, the connection to the DSP drops out and gives a connection dropped error message.

Here is the set up.
PC laptop with Windows 7.
QSC DSP-4 connected via an USB to serial port adapter set to com 4 in the system.
Smaart 7 using an M-Audio Fast Track Pro USB as the interface.
A DBX measurement mic.

I'm using the DSP's stand alone, not with QSC amps.

Smaart operates normally no matter what, its just the DSP that loses communication. There are not a lot of available settings in the DSP other than which com port. I have tried a different port with no difference.
I have looked through the menus in Smaart and don't see any sort of port settings. So far a Google search hasn't turned up anything either.
I'm more a Mac guy than a PC guy so I'm really not sure what is causing the issue and was wondering if anyone here might have some ideas.
Thanks!

reference:
http://qsc.com/products/Digital_Signal_Processors/Dsp_Series/DSP-4/

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Conflict between Smaart 7 and QSC Signal Manager
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 11:53:57 PM »

Hi Don-

What happens if you get Smaart up and running, then plug in the USB-Serial adapter?  Does the Fast Track drop out, or does the serial adapter just hang?

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Don Davis

• So Cal
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 04:27:22 PM »

Hi Don-

What happens if you get Smaart up and running, then plug in the USB-Serial adapter?  Does the Fast Track drop out, or does the serial adapter just hang?

Hi Tim,
I tried that and a couple of other sequences of starting things up. If Smaart was running first, then when I plugged the adapter in, Windows would see it but the QSC software would not connect. If I quit Smaart then it would connect.

I kept taking measurements in Smaart then quitting, then connect the QSC, make the changes in the DSP then back and forth so on and so forth. What pain.

As a work around I dug out and old PC to run the DSP software on and will run Smaart on the laptop. When I get some time I will shoot QSC an email to see what they suggest.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 04:27:22 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 25 queries.