ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old Crown CE1000 Amp Question  (Read 4812 times)

Michael A. Yates

Old Crown CE1000 Amp Question
« on: April 10, 2014, 12:00:34 AM »

I acquired one of these and I noticed when I turned it on the fan does not come on. Is the fan controlled with a thermostat or should the fan come on when I turn on power?

The amp works as it should however I just do not want to damage it if the fan is not working.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don Lanier

• Pearl Pro Audio
Re: Old Crown CE1000 Amp Question
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 12:07:09 AM »

I acquired one of these and I noticed when I turned it on the fan does not come on. Is the fan controlled with a thermostat or should the fan come on when I turn on power?

The amp works as it should however I just do not want to damage it if the fan is not working.

Ive had a couple of these where when you power them up the fans cycle just briefly then stop, if the amps been in use for a bit and still no fan you might have an issue, if its getting warm I wouldnt run it too long, its a cheap and simple fix thru Crown or an authorized repair center...

David Parker

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 12:42:14 AM »

I had 3 of the CE2000 amps. Had problems with the fan circuitry. As I recall, the fan comes on briefly when you start the amp, then they stop, and come back on after the amp heats up.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 01:09:48 AM by David Parker »

Yosi Melamed

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 12:49:16 AM »

There is a guy in the Crown Audio amp troubleshooting forum (Alain), he is very knowledgeable and answers all the technical questions very thoroughly and pretty quickly  down to which caps you should replace and such. You should give it a try if you don't manage your self.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 06:19:40 AM by Yosi Melamed »
Don't bring up facts that can ruin our good argument.

Crown i-Tech 8000
Allen & Heath ZED60-14FX
4 X Cerwin Vega ProStax PS-12 II
1 X Cerwin Vega Sub 15
1 X Rolls RS-80 Tuner
1 X MaxxBass 101
1 X Weekend warrior

Michael Grimaila

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 01:06:39 PM »

Save yourself some heartache and sell this amp.  It has a history of failing and replacement parts are hard to get and quite expensive.
Behringer X32 / X32 Rack
Soundcraft Si Expression 3 / Soundcraft Mini Stage Box 32 / Soundcraft MADI USB & Dual CAT5 & Dual Optical MADI cards
6 x Sennheiser EW300 G3 / Sennheiser EW572 G3 / Sennheiser EW365 G3 / Sennheiser EW352 G3
2 x Yamaha DSR115 / 2 x QSC KW 118

David Parker

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 01:42:24 PM »

Save yourself some heartache and sell this amp.  It has a history of failing and replacement parts are hard to get and quite expensive.
I had 3 of the CE2k. One went down during a show due to the fan circuitry, another one had the fan staying on which is the first step to it going out, and the other was fine. I got the one fixed, sold it and the one that had no problem yet, then sold the one showing bad signs as is, and explained the problem. The guy who fixed the one said he didn't like working on them at all.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 02:46:05 PM »

The CE1k/2k are repackage jobs of the old DC300 design using SMD and plastic power devices. Probably gave some accountant wood, but not great amps.

There are newer cheap amps that don't suck, including from Crown.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 02:46:05 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.