ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digico issues  (Read 4158 times)

Eric Morritt

Digico issues
« on: April 07, 2014, 12:51:54 PM »

I work at a community college in east TN and we have a Digico D1 Live in our performing arts center.  Over the last year, it has had two instances of not booting properly.  Last time, we were able to re-load from the backup drive, but this time, it won't make it through the bios.  The install company didn't leave us a USB drive with the software, and contacting Digico, Group One Limited, Taidus Vallandi (the recommended service tech), and a dead North Salem, NY company called Autograph A2D as resulted in unanswered e-mails, unreturned calls and basically dead ends.  Has anyone had this kind of difficulty in getting service for Digico products?  We can't even get in touch with the original installer at this point.  Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations of who to contact or what we could do ourselves?  I'm a service tech, but I won't attempt getting into the unit without the software to reload or a service manual.  Thanks in advance.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Digico issues
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 01:06:33 PM »

+44 (0) 1372 845600 is to DiGiCo in the UK, ask for Ian Staddon, John Stadius, or James Gordon.

They do have some console software for download here:  http://www.digico.biz/docs/about/software_1.shtml  Click on the Legacy Products link.

Not sure what's up in your situation but DiGiCo is generally considered to be customer-responsive.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Eric Morritt

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 01:53:33 PM »

Tim:

Thanks.  Couldn't locate the legacy when searching their site;  downloading the file now.  Will also try to contact someone at Digico since I think we're going to have to replace the HDDs.  I was a member of Local 251 in Madison for many years.

Thanks again!

Eric

+44 (0) 1372 845600 is to DiGiCo in the UK, ask for Ian Staddon, John Stadius, or James Gordon.

They do have some console software for download here:  http://www.digico.biz/docs/about/software_1.shtml  Click on the Legacy Products link.

Not sure what's up in your situation but DiGiCo is generally considered to be customer-responsive.

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 04:12:51 PM »

I work at a community college in east TN and we have a Digico D1 Live in our performing arts center.  Over the last year, it has had two instances of not booting properly.  Last time, we were able to re-load from the backup drive, but this time, it won't make it through the bios.  The install company didn't leave us a USB drive with the software, and contacting Digico, Group One Limited, Taidus Vallandi (the recommended service tech), and a dead North Salem, NY company called Autograph A2D as resulted in unanswered e-mails, unreturned calls and basically dead ends.  Has anyone had this kind of difficulty in getting service for Digico products?  We can't even get in touch with the original installer at this point.  Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations of who to contact or what we could do ourselves?  I'm a service tech, but I won't attempt getting into the unit without the software to reload or a service manual.  Thanks in advance.

I've always gotten ahold of Taidus on the first call.  PM me if you don't have his number and I'll give it to you.

Nick Pires

• Portland, ME
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 10:05:43 AM »

We had something similar happen with our D1 a while back. Ours was purchased used from an install. We sent the engine back to Taidus and had him run checks on everything. He said what he found was a driver for some kind of plug 'n play LCD monitor (could have loaded from someone's USB stick). Since this has been removed, everything has worked normally. DiGiCo and Group One have been fantastic in terms of getting back to us. I hope this works out for you.
I'm not who I would be, if I wasn't who I am.

Eric Morritt

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 08:17:32 AM »

Thank you everyone for your assistance and suggestions;  the "contacts without response" were another employee's description of attempts to resolve the problem.  I finally contacted Amy and she answered on the first try - I don't think that the manager of that area has even tried contacting anyone about the D1.  Already have an advanced troubleshooting session scheduled and it looks like we may be able to resolve the issue without a site visit or sending parts out for repair.  Thanks again!

We had something similar happen with our D1 a while back. Ours was purchased used from an install. We sent the engine back to Taidus and had him run checks on everything. He said what he found was a driver for some kind of plug 'n play LCD monitor (could have loaded from someone's USB stick). Since this has been removed, everything has worked normally. DiGiCo and Group One have been fantastic in terms of getting back to us. I hope this works out for you.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 08:17:32 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.