ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundweb Green and BLU compatible ?  (Read 2934 times)

Othmane Alaoui

• Produkson - Sound & Lights
Soundweb Green and BLU compatible ?
« on: April 08, 2014, 09:13:20 AM »

Hello !!

Not sure if its the good place for asking ... maybe in the install ... Anyway, I would like to know if its possible to connect one soundweb green (9088IIS) DSP with two blu-320 I/O extenders.
The main idea is to have the dsp at FOH and the extenders in each amp rack. The DSP is old famlily, the extenders are the new blu series ? If possible, how can it work ?

Thanks,

Ot

Spenser Hamilton

Re: Soundweb Green and BLU compatible ?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 10:49:09 AM »

Hello !!

Not sure if its the good place for asking ... maybe in the install ... Anyway, I would like to know if its possible to connect one soundweb green (9088IIS) DSP with two blu-320 I/O extenders.
The main idea is to have the dsp at FOH and the extenders in each amp rack. The DSP is old famlily, the extenders are the new blu series ? If possible, how can it work ?

Thanks,

Ot

My guess is no, you need either BLU-Link or Cobranet to connect to the BLU-320. BLU-Link wasn't around during the Green era, and I'm not too versed on the Green products but I don't think there is any way to add Cobranet to the 9088.
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 05:31:43 PM »

Nope. Doesn't look like the 9088IIS has cobranet. You need a BLU-800 or 80 or 160 in your FOH rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Charlie Tappa

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 10:49:11 AM »

Old and New Soundweb won't ever talk to one another, they are totally different products.   If you plan on sending the digital audio to the "extenders" over Cat 5 using a Soundweb BOB (Break out box)  would be most cost effective.  The BOB uses the Blu LInk communication protocol and outputs 8 balanced analog outputs.  2 of them side by side will reside in 1 rack space. 

You can contact me privately offline for design assistance if you wish,  We use a lot of Soundweb products in our contracting business and have certified designers on staff.

Regards
Charlie Tappa
Pro Sound Service
Braintree, Ma
[email protected]

Othmane Alaoui

• Produkson - Sound & Lights
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 12:33:14 PM »

Thank you all for your responses ! The main goal was to not buy a blu 800 or 80 ...  I will keep the the blu320 until I find a good deal, in the mean time, I got two other 9088iis for really really cheap. So I plan to use them instead of the dr260. My config will be : sw9088 in foh as master driving my two others that are located in their respective amp racks. I know it might look overkill for a qrx over srx rig but I am not very satisfied with the dbx unit. My with is to control and meter my levels from foh so with 3x9088iis. It becomes possible !
Charlie, I will contact you later for some specific questions ! Thanks !

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 12:33:14 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.