ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Digico SD9 individual headamp snapshot safe?  (Read 8719 times)

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Digico SD9 individual headamp snapshot safe?
« on: April 05, 2014, 05:43:59 PM »

Working an a big 15 band/act music show (one-off). I have 18 snapshots already setup from previous rehearsals. I'm adding an audio feed from the video system tonight. I don't want to add it to my snapshots by firing them all, adding phantom and updating. I went to the channel input section and hit all the normal channel safes - but the one thing that isn't "safe" seems to be my phantom power. Global scope "input device" will safe it, but I want to keep my input device info on other channels.

How can I input device safe just one headamp? It's on local IO. I will have a few minutes in a but where I can fire all the snapshots and update to include that phantom power, if that's what I need to do... But can I really not safe phantom power on just one pre? I haven't worked with the snapshot system to much. Any tips would be appreciated.

Chris Johnson [UK]

Re: Digico SD9 individual headamp snapshot safe?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 06:08:25 PM »

Hi Sam,

You can do this in the recall scope of the snapshots.

Simply go to the snapshot list. Press 'Edit Range'. Select all snapshots. Go to Scope > Recall Scope. Un-scope the relevant inputs. Press 'Confirm' in the 'Edit Range' control popup.

Job done! :-)
Riedel Communications

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 04:38:29 PM »

Hi Sam,

Simply go to the snapshot list. Press 'Edit Range'. Select all snapshots. Go to Scope > Recall Scope. Un-scope the relevant inputs. Press 'Confirm' in the 'Edit Range' control popup.

Thanks Chris! Never done that before. Just getting acquainted with the snapshot system and I had a very good show.

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 04:54:21 PM »

Good to hear.

The Digico snapshot system is almost certainly the most powerful in the Live sector. Possibly the most powerful across all sectors.
However, it isn't necessarily as user friendly as it could be.

As with all things though, once you've climbed the learning curve, it's all good!

I moved to mainly Digico consoles from Avid profiles and the snapshot system was one of the biggest operational differences.

I still maintain that the Avid system strikes the best balance for most users. Its got ~80% of the power of the Digico system, but I can program complicated shows more quickly.
Riedel Communications

Steve Bunting

• SteveBunting.com
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 05:40:48 PM »

The other way to do it is to enable the phantom power in all snapshots in one go without changing the scope.

Select 'Edit Range' and select all snapshots as before. Then turn phantom power on on the channels you want (or cycle it off/on if it's already on) and then confirm the edit.

Hi Sam,

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 07:13:44 PM »

Good to hear.

The Digico snapshot system is almost certainly the most powerful in the Live sector. Possibly the most powerful across all sectors.
However, it isn't necessarily as user friendly as it could be.

As with all things though, once you've climbed the learning curve, it's all good!

I moved to mainly Digico consoles from Avid profiles and the snapshot system was one of the biggest operational differences.

I still maintain that the Avid system strikes the best balance for most users. Its got ~80% of the power of the Digico system, but I can program complicated shows more quickly.

It functioned very well for me that night. We had 18 acts, from bands to vocalists with tracks, running all night with judge panels speaking in between. I was able to safe all my judge and MC inputs, so I'd run the act, fire the next snap which would bring up all the right processing and channels but muted. I'd unmute the judges and MC and while they talked and open the artist channels as they cleared them to me via com. Thanks again! I'll definitely be trying to dig into the system more in the future.

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 01:59:37 AM »

The other way to do it is to enable the phantom power in all snapshots in one go without changing the scope.

Select 'Edit Range' and select all snapshots as before. Then turn phantom power on on the channels you want (or cycle it off/on if it's already on) and then confirm the edit.

Sorry, I don't follow. Snapshot noob here. If I select all the snapshots and hit "update selected", won't that push all scoped parameters to those snapshots, basically writing the one I have loaded to everything? Are you saying you can do something like write or propagate changes?

Steve Bunting

• SteveBunting.com
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 08:53:47 PM »

Sorry, I don't follow. Snapshot noob here. If I select all the snapshots and hit "update selected", won't that push all scoped parameters to those snapshots, basically writing the one I have loaded to everything? Are you saying you can do something like write or propagate changes?

If you select all snapshots and select 'update selected', it will write the current console settings (all of those which are stored in snapshots) to every snapshot.

I am talking about using the 'Edit Range' function. This lets you select a number of snapshots, make some edits, and it will write only the edits you have made to the snapshot(s) you have selected.

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 08:54:49 PM »

Oh wow. Lots to get into in the Digico snapshot feature. Thanks!!!

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 01:07:04 AM »

If you select all snapshots and select 'update selected', it will write the current console settings (all of those which are stored in snapshots) to every snapshot.
I've never understood why this is even possible on the DiGiCo consoles. In what scenario would you ever want to overwrite all (or multiple) snapshots with the current state of the console? The current snapshot, sure! But somebody please give me an example of what situation would call for a bunch of snapshots to be overwritten with the same settings. What's even crazier about this "feature" is that there's no undo if you accidentally have the wrong snapshot selected and hit "update selected".
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 01:07:04 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.