ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: How loud is to loud  (Read 28860 times)

Chris Haywood #984738495

• The sound man is the chief musician. Gig Harbor,WA
Re: Posting Rules and Forum Behavior
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2014, 11:12:05 PM »

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperence...."

I am sure if you exhibited most or all of these fruits, Mac would be the first to forgive and forget.

I am here to participate in quality, useful dialogue to enable me to provide better sound for our church.  I have received much helpful advice here, perhaps even been able to help others once or twice.  But above all, I hope that whatever I do or say here would encourage (and at least not discourage)others, unbelievers or not, to want to know Him.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperence...."

I am sure if you exhibited most or all of these fruits, Mac would be the first to forgive and forget.

I am here to participate in quality, useful dialogue to enable me to provide better sound for our church.  I have received much helpful advice here, perhaps even been able to help others once or twice.  But above all, I hope that whatever I do or say here would encourage (and at least not discourage)others, unbelievers or not, to want to know Him.

"You will know them by their fruits." Of which fruits are you referring to that "If I exhibited" that I did NOT exhibit are you referring to. I want to be better, surely you must be thinking of something in particular that I have fallen short on. Please tell me and don't leave me guessing. How can I be better if you won't tell me?

I think what you have to say about to want to know him, is admirable, rooted in excellence. Therefore counsel me my brother, I desire to know where I fall short.
The more Jesus the better. The louder I praise Jesus, the louder he becomes in my life. I am surrounded by true riches and blessings.

Chris Haywood #984738495

« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2014, 11:34:10 PM »

I agree that freedom of religion should be tolerated and expected, and I will respect anyone and their religious beliefs. However, I don't go to church myself, can't agree with the Bible's explanation of the formation of the universe when compared to scientific evidence, and to be blunt, I see more insanity in the world on the grounds of religion then anything else. Because of all of that, a paragraph such as the one you gave, of twelve sentences going on about the awesomeness of Jesus-- well, that would turn me off from even reading someone's posts, let alone want to help them with their church sound problem. That's what I meant earlier when I said audio production knows no limits. Whether a system is in a church or a stadium, the underlying principles are the same. Signal flow still works the same way, 3Ø power is still 3Ø power, and so on. If only religious believers could post/were allowed in here, we'd have a really lame forum.

So, I am not saying religion or religious beliefs are wrong or bad to have, just that (even though we're in the Church forum) maybe it would be best to keep that sort of 12-sentence reflection to a minimum. You just don't know what someone's religious relationship might be already! (Or what religion it is... since this forum doesn't restrict based on a belief in Jesus Christ as the Lord and Savior. I'm not an expert, but doesn't the Mormon religion believe that He was not the Lord and Savior, but is rather just a prophet? Clearly, I am not Mormon. Haha.)

A final thought: Some people work during the week, and serve and honor God at church on Sundays, others don't go to church, and serve their fellow man in their own way. Mac gives a lot of his time and energy to this forum, and the insight he gives to the inner workings of some *major* events has been really cool over the years.

(When I said "admonition," I was referring to the 12-sentence paragraph you directed towards Mac, admonishing him to seek a relationship with Jesus Christ.)

-Ray
I think you have a great attitude Ray, and I will stop 'preaching', although I have witnessed both sides miracles and spiritual experiences, Ive seen demon possession, in fact I was choked by a demon possessed roommate when I was in juvenal hall when I was a bad boy. And I have thousands of answered prayers that are mathematically impossible. I agree, religion has lots of issues, but I would like you to consider one thing.. And that is consider yourself on your death bed seriously because you will face it one day no matter what. Do you know who or what is on the other side? There was an athiest who taught his children to shake their fist at heaven and say God you don't exist! there is no God, but when he was on his death bed he called is children and said everything I taught was wrong, atheism may be ok to live by, but its not ok to die by, he was terrified white as a ghost. So plan for that day now so when it comes you will be comfortable and ready. Jesus was here its in the history books and can't be denied, he was also the first one to ever raise anybody from the dead. I personally think history all by itself gives me a direction to head for the future. Don't put it off or it will sneak up on you when its too late. Surely you can recognize intelligent design when you see a framed house how simple it is, yet how much more complex are you? You don't recognize intelligent design when you look in the mirror? What do you see? A blob of chance? Impossible. Did you know that some of the stars calculate to be older than the big bang theory? ok sorry, Im going on and on like I'm saying that mixer didn't come from some falling rock out of the sky, impossible right? but mathematically more possible than you coming from slime or whatever they are saying these days. Everything didn't come from nothing Ray.
The more Jesus the better. The louder I praise Jesus, the louder he becomes in my life. I am surrounded by true riches and blessings.

Chris Haywood #984738495

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2014, 11:36:00 PM »

You have one more chance. These forums are for the discussion of the sound issues that are particular to the HOW market. They are not for you to preach your particular religious views.  Stick to that and you can stick around and get something out of these forums, and perhaps give something back to them. Continue down the road you're on and you will be gone one more time.

Mac

Thank you Mac. Im sorry, (for the offenses it may have caused) I will not do any more preaching. It was kind of an accident, but Thank you for letting me stay, I like it here.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 11:39:35 PM by Chris Haywood #984738495 »

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2014, 12:04:49 AM »

(more religious jumbo)

Chris, it's posts like that which will lead me to two results: a) 'ignoring' your posts and b) not want to work with you on events. Sound and event production is about the gear, the people working it, and the clients that are paying us. Being religious: Not bad. To each their own, after all! However, espousing a major religious belief like that could turn people off from hiring you for events. I wouldn't want to work with someone who is going to spend all of their time telling me what I am doing wrong with my life spiritually.

You're in my area, by the way, so yeah, it could come up! (Always helpful when people put their locations in their profiles! :) )

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Chris Haywood #984738495

« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2014, 01:08:12 AM »

Chris, it's posts like that which will lead me to two results: a) 'ignoring' your posts and b) not want to work with you on events. Sound and event production is about the gear, the people working it, and the clients that are paying us. Being religious: Not bad. To each their own, after all! However, espousing a major religious belief like that could turn people off from hiring you for events. I wouldn't want to work with someone who is going to spend all of their time telling me what I am doing wrong with my life spiritually.

You're in my area, by the way, so yeah, it could come up! (Always helpful when people put their locations in their profiles! :) )

-Ray

Ok Ray, just so you know, when I am setting up I don't really have anytime to talk about 'religious' things so you won't have to worry about it. Trust me, if we ever work together it will be a good experience. I don't really travel anywhere far unless its big dollars. My primary income is not sound related. Therefore I am terribly picky about events. In fact I don't do non Christian events at all, and I avoid Christian events if we have the multiple groups and no prep thing going on, unless I am not told something which happens a lot more with groups of course... I can be choosy, and I am, But as I get older, I seem to be getting a little more lazy, the more i say no, the less I get propositioned. I was going to start an all out sound business years ago, I still have the domain, but no site on it, HighFidelityLive.com. I still have one big conference I do in late July in a gym in Tacoma. I use my living room system for that, or at least most of it.

Last year I got a Crown IT-6000 and a gk bass head ripped off. I think I am going to require some reimbursement if I do it again this year. (removed it might have been a sermon or preaching or something, just in case)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 02:00:47 PM by Chris Haywood #984738495 »

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2014, 12:16:45 PM »

Chris,

As the saying goes, the boss may not always be right, but they ARE always the boss.  When they put on the "bars", one's options are limited to a salute. End of story.  As for Mac, he needs no defense from the likes of me; he has EARNED the respect of everyone on the board both through his experiences and the way he has managed the board.  Most always, if he calls someone out, he deserves the respectful simple answer of "yes sir".

As a Believer and a man of faith, you know God gave us two ears and two eyes - and but one tongue.  A ratio of absorbing material at a rate of four to one of espousing one's thoughts is about right. 

As far as (paraphrasing) "turning up the volume to drive the devil out" ... Pardon me, that is quite a leap of faith. The SOUND FORUM concern was patron safety and comfort, though that WAS a unique view behind the reasoning of loud church music.

Though this is a church forum, we want to deal with SOUND problems and solutions in "worship" - whether they be Christian, Jewish, LDS, Islamic, at a pagan festival, or at any number of well-recognized or not-so-well-recognized "churches".

Sensitivity vs. censorship - No one here is trying to censor you - but if you are consistently off-topic on SOUND related posts, you'll find yourself on many's "ignore" list, with your posts never to be seen by those most able to help.

Sometimes you just need to let someone else have the last word.  Not everything requires a response.  Such as this.

Chris Haywood #984738495

Re: How loud is to loud
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2014, 03:41:56 PM »

You are right Frank, not everything requires a response. Im not looking for the last word, just a little more insight and maybe some help in understanding your position.

(removed something about off topic, didn't sound as nice as I would like so I removed it)
We were finished, conversation was over.

Either you didn't know that or deep down inside you wanted a response by starting a conversation. Im a nice guy and want to acknowledge your existence by responding which I believe considers you in my decision. I hope you don't get angry with me for that.

I will keep my response simple because I believe that is what you want, therefore my response is, that I will NEVER consider myself so well informed that I can ignore what other people have to say before they say it. So don't worry Frank, even though you may stray off topic from time to time, i will NEVER ignore you, and I will NEVER put anybody on my ignore list no matter what. Because to me, every human is unique and valuable, and if that is true, then there must be value somewhere in something they have to say. When somebody shuts down another person by ignoring them, they only increase their blindness.

How? because when you ignore somebody, you turn off all the insight they have to offer that was accumulated over their entire lifetime, and therefore now become blind to it. The more people that are ignored the greater the blindness, until the only thing you can see is yourself in a self-appointed position that exceeds all mankind.

And I almost forgot to mention, Remember when Jesus said "Love you enemies as yourself"? The wisdom in that statement is- that even your enemies may have that certain piece of information or insight that can change your life forever. Let us not be so quick to shut somebody down or off.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 04:49:17 PM by Chris Haywood #984738495 »

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: How loud is to loud
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2014, 03:41:56 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 24 queries.