ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Allen & Heath vs Behringer...  (Read 14010 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Allen & Heath vs Behringer...
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 01:39:03 PM »

After driving myself crazy the past few days I finally out my order in for the x32 rack.  I place the order and then 15 minutes later the store calls me back and says it was out of stock.  Argggh. 

So I decide to call another store I deal with.  I get to talking with my rep and he tells me that they have been getting a higher than usual return on all of the X32 units which have faders.  Not exactly the news I wanted to hear.  He says that the rack should be fine because of the lack of moving parts.  Anyways, we get to talking more and I explain that I was also looking at the Qu-16.  After a bit of discussion he makes a few points that I would like to hear peoples feedback on.

1.  The build quality on the Qu-16 is better than the X-32 line.  He says if you bought  them both today he would expect to still see the Qu-16 functioning 5-6 years down the line while the behringer would probably be out of commission.

2.  The resale value of the Allen & Heath would probably be higher.

3.  The Qu-16 is much more intuitive and the time spent learning the ins and outs of the X32 should also be calculated into the pricing depending on what your time is worth.

So maybe the guy at GC was being truthful...mmmm????

The build quality of the QU16 is very good-it feels substantial. cannot comment on the X32 as the only one I have seen is the dusty abused demo unit at my local GC. However, the faders didn't feel as nice as the QU16.
The X32 rack might be a good alternative though. I'd feel safer with less moving parts on a Behringer if it were me ...
I found the QU16 very easy to transition to from analog. Many have stated that the X32 is not too difficult to learn but just takes a bit longer - no doubt in part because it has more tricks in its bag than the QU16.
I wouldn't let that get in my way -I'd rather choose based on my requirements and expectations.
It is a good time to be making choices with the affordability of digital desks right now. As my mom used to say,  "You pays your money - you makes your choice".....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Bill Schnake

• Schnake Sound
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 09:30:31 AM »

After driving myself crazy the past few days I finally out my order in for the x32 rack.  I place the order and then 15 minutes later the store calls me back and says it was out of stock.  Argggh. 

So I decide to call another store I deal with.  I get to talking with my rep and he tells me that they have been getting a higher than usual return on all of the X32 units which have faders.  Not exactly the news I wanted to hear.  He says that the rack should be fine because of the lack of moving parts.  Anyways, we get to talking more and I explain that I was also looking at the Qu-16.  After a bit of discussion he makes a few points that I would like to hear peoples feedback on.

1.  The build quality on the Qu-16 is better than the X-32 line.  He says if you bought  them both today he would expect to still see the Qu-16 functioning 5-6 years down the line while the behringer would probably be out of commission.

Chris, I think you should get whichever mixer fits you needs and budget.  As for build quality on the X32 line.  We have a X32 mixer that has been bounce up and down the highway 45,000 miles over the last year and quarter.  We have used this mixer for over 160 shows and have not had a single issue with anything, including faders.  Now maybe I just got lucky and got a 'good one on a good day' however, I tend to believe that the quality that Behringer has pumped into the X32 line is very good.  Given my personal experience, I don't believe the statement that there has been a 'higher than usual return on all of the X32 units which have faders.'  I have read that several places on the internet and as of yet no one has shown any data to back it up.  At least not that I have seen.

I have not seen or used the Qu-16, but would believe that given Allen & Heaths reputation that it to would be a great board in the price range.

Bill
Bill Schnake

217.670.1328    Office
217.553.2278    Cell
Schnake Sound, Inc

Experience, Expertise, Professionalism and Reliability

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 09:30:31 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 23 queries.