ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: First timer/ Crossover/mixer/compressor Help  (Read 13925 times)

Mark McFarlane

Re: First timer/ Crossover/mixer/compressor Help
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2014, 02:25:40 PM »

Sorry to hijack, but I've never tried the USB myself, do all laptops send audio thru the USB? Is it a noticebale improvement in the sound quality?

Using an external DA converter, like the Peavey mentioned ,will allow most any laptop output audio via a USB port. 

How noticeable the improvement is will depend on how good your laptops building DA converter is.  Some are decent, some are crap.  If you are going to use random laptops, not your own Apple MacBook, there is piece of mind in the peavey device which works without any drivers on Mac and Windows laptops and delivers excellent quality along with balanced outputs that can be run from the stage to FOH through a snake,... It's a good, cheap tool for the kit that will guarantee consistent results and solve distance problems,
Mark McFarlane

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2014, 07:20:55 PM »

Using an external DA converter, like the Peavey mentioned ,will allow most any laptop output audio via a USB port. 

How noticeable the improvement is will depend on how good your laptops building DA converter is.  Some are decent, some are crap.  If you are going to use random laptops, not your own Apple MacBook, there is piece of mind in the peavey device which works without any drivers on Mac and Windows laptops and delivers excellent quality along with balanced outputs that can be run from the stage to FOH through a snake,... It's a good, cheap tool for the kit that will guarantee consistent results and solve distance problems,
Just bought one thanks.
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Thomas Le

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2014, 07:49:57 PM »

I'm curious on the peavey di; if there's a mixer that has global phantom power, not individual on channels, will the peavey get smoked?

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Peavey USB -P
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2014, 08:28:23 PM »

I'm curious on the peavey di; if there's a mixer that has global phantom power, not individual on channels, will the peavey get smoked?

The Peavey USB-P is transformer isolated, so no, phantom power will not hurt it.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

Peavey USB -P
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2014, 08:28:23 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 26 queries.