ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixer Intercom/Interface  (Read 16985 times)

John J Saunders

• John J Saunders
Re: Mixer Intercom/Interface
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 12:50:31 PM »

I have a studio technologies dual 2w-4w box installed in my audio rack and really like it.  They make a half rack one as well.

http://www.studio-tech.com/product_m46.html
John Saunders

Josh Hana

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 01:02:10 PM »

I use this http://www.audiomanproducts.com/ISO-Box-1-5-Items-ISO-Box-1-5-Items.htm patched into a console input to monitor Coms.

So would a regular IL-19 in line after the last beltpack work going into a console?

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 01:07:32 PM »

So would a regular IL-19 in line after the last beltpack work going into a console?

It depends on how Pin 1 is handled.  Some transformers will make Clear-Com's call light stay on.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 05:11:42 PM »

It will cause all the call lights on clearcomm 2w circuits to stay on as there is now a short between pins 2 and 3.
Mr Erskine's "Buzzbuster" and the Audioman iso box have a seperate transformer from pin 1 to pins 2 and 3.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 05:11:55 PM »

this response isn't gonna really help, but i thought i'd share anyway.

Many years ago i came across a ClearCom belt pack made back in the 70's.  for us old-timers, picture the belt packs that were all metal but not the silver ones.  the blue and white ones.  As i recall, the model number of this was RS-202a or something like it.  if i get a chance to shoot a pic of it i'll post it.

Anyway, this version of that belt pack had two channels of ClearCom input [on 3 pin xor] and two channels of line input [also on 3 pin XLR].  there were only three total xlr inputs as the center one was shared as the second line input and/or the second clear com input.  On the top of the pack were two concentric volume knobs for the 4 channels of inputs and two toggle switches to turn on/off the the mic to the two ClearCom channels.  No call light but no biggee...

This thing was brilliant.  i simply plugged one Com channel in for production com, one Com channel for PL to my A2, and plugged the cue in from my console to one of the line inputs.  all powered off the first Com channel.  brilliant.

My first one of these got stolen along with all the rest of my briefcase contents in the late 90's, but i trolled eBay for about 2 years and found two more that i snatched up and still use to this day.

It's such a brilliant box, but apparently ClearCom only made a handful of them as they are wicked hard to fine.  i have yet to see anyone make anything like it since....
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2014, 05:30:16 PM »

Comm is an unbalanced circuit - For Clearcom, Pin 1 is ground, Pin 2 is power and Pin 3 is the intercom unbalanced line.  An intercom transformer like the Audioman has separate transformers for pin 3 and for pin 2 if you are using it with RTS or Clearcom TW intercom.  Using it to insert and extract audio from the comms will not work as well as the Studio Technologies Audio only box Model 72 is one way to go - as described above.  Still no sidetone or nulling.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 05:36:04 PM by Pete Erskine »
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2014, 07:04:07 PM »

Pete Erskine provides lots of intercom DIY projects:  http://bestaudio.com/downloads.htm  Check the rest of the site to get an idea of the events Pete works on...

I expect he or Mac Kerr will see this and contribute, too.

Here is how I would do it and it is listed in my downloads section as well.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 09:15:57 AM by Pete Erskine »
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2014, 04:03:07 PM »

As an aside, what program are you drawing your schematics in?
Riedel Communications

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 04:12:06 PM »

As an aside, what program are you drawing your schematics in?

Microsoft Visio
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 04:12:06 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.