ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Digico SD9 individual headamp snapshot safe?  (Read 8724 times)

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Re: Digico SD9 individual headamp snapshot safe?
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 01:49:57 AM »

As long as we are on the subject - other snapshot questions...

The little LCD screen that shows the snapshot status on the SD8 is nice. Always made me feel better about hitting "next", even if just in  in my head. I miss it on the SD9. I have macro keys to bring up the FX rack, solo busses, and other things but I couldn't find a macro parameter to bring up the snapshot list. Seems like I have to tap the tab on the master screen. Did I miss it? Any tips for snapshot management on the SD9 specifically?

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 03:07:53 AM »

What you need, is an overview screen.

Grab you're favorite cheap 17" LCD monitor, and hook it up to the overview screen output.

Now you can have your snapshot list and snapshot notes up here all the time. Along with meters and other useful info
Riedel Communications

Steve Bunting

• SteveBunting.com
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2014, 12:18:38 PM »

I've never understood why this is even possible on the DiGiCo consoles. In what scenario would you ever want to overwrite all (or multiple) snapshots with the current state of the console? The current snapshot, sure! But somebody please give me an example of what situation would call for a bunch of snapshots to be overwritten with the same settings. What's even crazier about this "feature" is that there's no undo if you accidentally have the wrong snapshot selected and hit "update selected".

On second thoughts, is this actually possible? Is it possible to select more than one snapshot when not in 'Edit Range' or 'Delete' mode?

As long as we are on the subject - other snapshot questions...

The little LCD screen that shows the snapshot status on the SD8 is nice. Always made me feel better about hitting "next", even if just in  in my head. I miss it on the SD9. I have macro keys to bring up the FX rack, solo busses, and other things but I couldn't find a macro parameter to bring up the snapshot list. Seems like I have to tap the tab on the master screen. Did I miss it? Any tips for snapshot management on the SD9 specifically?

You should be able to make a macro for this. The easiest way is to 'capture' it. Otherwise, you can add a 'Layout>Switch screen>Master' command, followed by a 'Snapshots panel>Snapshots panel>On' command. But the best way with the single screen consoles is to use an overview screen if possible.

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Digico SD9 individual headamp snapshot safe?
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2014, 01:03:59 PM »

Ah, excellent. I've got just the thing laying around! Thanks so much guys. Really helpful.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2014, 01:44:41 PM »

On second thoughts, is this actually possible? Is it possible to select more than one snapshot when not in 'Edit Range' or 'Delete' mode?
My mistake. You are correct, you can only select one snapshot, but updating a snapshot that is not the current snapshot is still pretty dangerous since there's no undo if you hit that accidentally. It's a function that you should be able to disable for safety reasons.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2014, 03:17:42 PM »

You should be able to make a macro for this. The easiest way is to 'capture' it. Otherwise, you can add a 'Layout>Switch screen>Master' command, followed by a 'Snapshots panel>Snapshots panel>On' command. But the best way with the single screen consoles is to use an overview screen if possible.

I should include that master screen move in my solo and FX macros! That's excellent. Somehow the "snapshots panel" parameter eluded me. But the overview screen will work a lot of this out.

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2014, 04:16:02 AM »

My mistake. You are correct, you can only select one snapshot, but updating a snapshot that is not the current snapshot is still pretty dangerous since there's no undo if you hit that accidentally. It's a function that you should be able to disable for safety reasons.

This is a good point, and one of the reasons I think the Avid system is vastly underrated. The History section of the Files tab is a godsend.
Riedel Communications

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2014, 04:16:02 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 25 queries.