ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Yamaha piano's microphone jack for a monitor  (Read 3968 times)

Lucian Smith

Using Yamaha piano's microphone jack for a monitor
« on: March 28, 2014, 10:22:09 AM »

I need to send a mix of vocalists' audio to a piano player.  I thought of using the piano's microphone jack and the piano's internal speakers.  Unfortunately the piano sent the vocalists' audio back through the main outs.

Is anyone aware of a way to configure the piano such that the mic input is routed to the internal speakers, but not the main outs?  The piano is a Yamaha Clavinova CVP-305.

Thanks,
ls.

Taylor Phillips

Re: Using Yamaha piano's microphone jack for a monitor
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 10:28:11 PM »

I need to send a mix of vocalists' audio to a piano player.  I thought of using the piano's microphone jack and the piano's internal speakers.  Unfortunately the piano sent the vocalists' audio back through the main outs.

Is anyone aware of a way to configure the piano such that the mic input is routed to the internal speakers, but not the main outs?  The piano is a Yamaha Clavinova CVP-305.

Thanks,
ls.
I don't think it can be done. I'm afraid you're going to need a real monitor.

Ron Balsom

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 01:49:24 AM »

Hi Lucian, I'm assuming you have a line from your mixer up to the Clav.  Configuring the electronics is more than this messaging would permit. However 'anything' is possible.  I would purchase a 'powered' monitor at the Clav. and just send the vocal matrix up the cable to the monitor. As you may know, the monitor has all the necessary controls. The other way would be to purchase say a 20 or 30 watt line amp and install it prior to the speakers in the Clav. You would disconnect the speakers from inside the Clav. Obviously, a powered monitor would be more ideal, easier.  Blessings,  Ron Balsom  HPCC,  [email protected]  307 315 7412  anytime. 
Thanks,
ls.

PAULBORDON

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 09:45:51 AM »

Thanks,
ls.

I can think of one way... you buy a separate midi piano rack unit for the piano and send that to the mains. I feel that you could get way more bang for you buck and sound by buying an Alesis QSR rack sound module.   Essentialy all the Keystroke info (midi) gets sent to the module and that translates it to sound.  The alesis qsr has way better piano sounds than the Clavinova. And the key thing is price point. there are better sound modules out there but 3/4 times the price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alesis-QSR-Sound-Module-6FT-Monster-Midi-Cable-Manual-/281294178447?pt=Keyboards_MIDI&hash=item417e70888f

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alesis-NanoPiano-Piano-Sound-Module-/231197433118?pt=Keyboards_MIDI&hash=item35d470dd1e
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:41:42 AM by PAULBORDON »
Paul Bordon

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 09:45:51 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 25 queries.