ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Camera for recording indoor conferences from up to 100 feet away  (Read 3160 times)

Sean Chen

• Pristine Audio

Hello, our video tech's video camera broke. What is a good choice of equipment nowadays?  I don't know the budget, maybe $5k?
Pristine Audio
Authorized dealer for Allen & Heath, Countryman, Danley Sound Labs, Dynaudio, Electro-Voice, Gator Cases, HK Audio, K&M, Mackie, MiPro, RCF,  Yorkville
www.pristine-audio.com

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA

Sean, any more details like whether you want just a camera or an integrated camera and pan/tilt/zoom/focus unit, whether you want SD or HD, the video output format(s) desired, whether it has to be compatible with any existing controllers or control systems, whether you want a remote CCU, etc.?  Also, what size image or range of image sizes do you want it to support from the 100' distance noted?

Sean Chen

• Pristine Audio

Sean, any more details like whether you want just a camera or an integrated camera and pan/tilt/zoom/focus unit, whether you want SD or HD, the video output format(s) desired, whether it has to be compatible with any existing controllers or control systems, whether you want a remote CCU, etc.?  Also, what size image or range of image sizes do you want it to support from the 100' distance noted?

Hello, thanks for the response, Brad.

HD was noted. There is not much control system that I know of, other than the basic video manual switch. It needs to be broadcasted live to the projectors, while recorded to computer along with mixer's audio feed. The recorded video has been on DVDs, but that's not HD. I think now with the online video distribution so advanced, it's better to just go for 1080p and have the videos be compatible for most people to view. Does that mean the video camera's output is HDMI? I am not a video guy, and am not aware of the professional video signal standards/connectors. I would think to keep the system simple, the video team probably wouldn't go to non-consumer type of interconnects. But I'd better have them speak for themselves. I'll invite them to register the forum and join this discussion.
Pristine Audio
Authorized dealer for Allen & Heath, Countryman, Danley Sound Labs, Dynaudio, Electro-Voice, Gator Cases, HK Audio, K&M, Mackie, MiPro, RCF,  Yorkville
www.pristine-audio.com

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.