ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone try the new GLD v1.4 firmware?  (Read 10973 times)

BobWitte

• Soundman, Consultant, Love all things audio
    • Cascading Waters Audio
Re: Anyone try the new GLD v1.4 firmware?
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2014, 05:14:52 PM »

Bob, which iPad hardware are you using? Mine's a gen 3 (right before they went with the lightning connector). 

Gen 4 - first one that lightning hit! I believe everything else is pretty much the same. I must have iPad ready fingers (good pads for the iPad). I did have to practice a bit - that double click thing.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 12:47:50 AM »

I have an identical experience on my 3rd gen iPad.

Darn, I was going to borrow a gen 3 for this week.

I hope A&H is listening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2014, 01:51:31 PM »

Gen 4 - first one that lightning hit! I believe everything else is pretty much the same. I must have iPad ready fingers (good pads for the iPad). I did have to practice a bit - that double click thing.

Bob, when you horizontal scroll channels how long does it take before all the settings register?
Mark McFarlane

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2014, 10:09:21 PM »

Bob, when you horizontal scroll channels how long does it take before all the settings register?

I dunno, half a second maybe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Mark McFarlane

GLD iPad responsiveness
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2014, 11:03:02 AM »

I upgraded to 1.4 and played around with the iPad GLD Remote app after work to get a better feel for what annoyed me.

When you first open GLD Remote it only syncs the first 8 channels.  Swiping to reveal the next 8 channels, it takes 1-4 seconds to update that channel bank.  However, once you have visited a channel in the iPad app and leave it, and then move a surface fader. mute it, or change pan, then come back on the iPad app the fader position/mute/pan has already been updated

It looks like the SW doesn't load a channel until you view it, once you view it it appears to stay in sync quickly.

Workaround: Swipe past all your input channels when you first open the app.

I still can't get channel selection to work reliably. It takes about 1 second to recognize the selection of a new channel (whether in processing or routing mode) , and often it doesn't recognize that you have selected a new channel. In demo mode the responsiveness is reasonable but connected mode it slows down.

X32 Mix by comparison feels very responsive.  Same fingers, same skin condition.

So, I'm still annoyed by GLM Remote's responsiveness, but I can at least get by with the frustration of sometimes have to try 5 times to select a channel.

Mark McFarlane

ProSoundWeb Community

GLD iPad responsiveness
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2014, 11:03:02 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 25 queries.