ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Rear speaker in reverbrant room  (Read 9220 times)

ADSfa sdf asdfa sd

Rear speaker in reverbrant room
« on: March 26, 2014, 07:28:11 AM »

Hi, is there anybody who has experience with using rear speakers (delayed & flipped phase) to mitigate reverbs in small hall (13x23meters)? Does it make any sense? Where should be those speakers located? Corners/center?

Btw, in my installation we can't use mounting brackets and hang tilted front speakers from the truss.. So I suppose the best solution is putting them on stands close to the wall on both sides of the stage.

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
Re: Rear speaker in reverbrant room
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 08:38:17 AM »

Hi, is there anybody who has experience with using rear speakers (delayed & flipped phase) to mitigate reverbs in small hall (13x23meters)? Does it make any sense? Where should be those speakers located? Corners/center?
Reverberation is a factor of the room and won't be changed, in fact the added speakers will likely just make things worse by adding more sources putting more energy into the room.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 09:18:22 AM »

Btw, in my installation we can't use mounting brackets and hang tilted front speakers from the truss.. So I suppose the best solution is putting them on stands close to the wall on both sides of the stage.
In addition to Brad's great information, time alignment - especially if you're trying to do some kind of active cancelling of reverb noise, ranges from very difficult to impossible.  You may be able to fix the problem for one seat in the house, but that will likely not improve the situation anywhere else and/or make it worse.

Better to treat the root of the issue - sound treatment, reduce stage volume, etc.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 10:27:12 AM »

You cannot "cancel" reverb.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 10:51:07 AM »

You cannot "cancel" reverb.

I require at least 48 hours notice to cancel any reverb....
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 01:07:14 PM »

It takes a reservation to get a D9 EQ?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 01:42:56 PM »

So that's how long it takes to collect a bunch of dead cats and mount them to the walls.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 01:58:56 PM »

So that's how long it takes to collect a bunch of dead cats and mount them to the walls.

Fe-lining the room???
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 02:19:43 PM »

I wish my brother was still alive, he would have loved this response, and he would have volunteered to nail them in place.  LMAO....
Mark McFarlane

ADSfa sdf asdfa sd

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 05:32:31 PM »

Fe-lining the room???

Great idea, I'l surely find some plugin in my X32 for using this...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 05:32:31 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 25 queries.