ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flying RCF ART 310a horizontally  (Read 2139 times)

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
Flying RCF ART 310a horizontally
« on: March 27, 2014, 05:58:13 AM »

Hello guys,

I have done a quick search and haven't come up with much about this, so far the only solution seems to be to use the horizontal bracket for the RCF ART 310a if I can get my hands on them.

Quick story is we used to use these as wedges before we switched to IEM in our main venue and now they are beaten up and not in use, we have a smaller venue that is in desperate need of a new system and we have been demoing a few brands from QSCs gear through to D&B Audiotechnik gear and although we have it planned to happen this year the budget will not allow it since we are doing upgrades in other areas as well.

To solve the budget problem I intend to have the ART310s that we have, repaired and re-purposing them in this smaller venue, the only issue is that because of how the venue is designed they need to be flown and they need to be flown horizontally, this isn't a big issue because of their splay angles and actually makes them a decent choice but since I am no expert on flying speakers I am here for some advice.

My plan would be to fly these using the Horizontal bracket, one of our guys that helps out is a certified rigger and can ensure everything is done properly but what I want advice on is what you guys would do to fly these horizontally and of course at a slightly downwards angle, am I thinking along the correct lines with wanting to get the bracket or can you guys see another way of achieving this? I would have considered M10 eyebolts but these speakers only appear to have 2 M10 threads, one on the top and one on the bottom so it would be difficult to fly it that way horizontally.

Thanks for the help
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

James A. Griffin

Re: Flying RCF ART 310a horizontally
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 05:33:46 PM »

There are so many reasons not to do this.

I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Ryan Grandusky

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 05:49:42 PM »

What do you mean by fly and flown?

I just want to note that the RCF horizontal brackets are fixed mounts that are designed to be properly and securely mounted to a wall structure in order to support a speaker horizontally and are not designed to be suspended or flown.

edit: removed the mention of ceiling mount as RCF's website only mentions wall mount for the 310 series brackets.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 05:59:46 PM by Ryan Grandusky »
Ryan "Squirrel" Grandusky
Sound Provider in Central Texas.
Speakers: RCF HDL6a, NX-L44a, 8006-AS, EV XLD281, QRX153, QRX115, ZX1, SB122, XSUBS, JBL PRX835w, SRX828SP, Yorkville LS2100P, EAW SM200, Macpherson M12P, Yamaha A12M.
Consoles: Digico SD12, SD11, Soundcraft Si Perf 1, Exp 3, Comp 24, Midas M32, Presonus SL 32SX, SL 16r, Mackie DL1608

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 05:49:42 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.