ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Subwoofer for mobile DJ  (Read 3694 times)

Leo Martin

Best Subwoofer for mobile DJ
« on: March 15, 2014, 10:57:41 PM »

Hello,
I am a mobile DJ looking for a subwoofer to extend the life of my top cabs(alto ts115a) and provide a better overall sound. I have done some looking around and have narrowed down my list to a few. I am asking for any advice as to which of these you think is the best:

Options that are within my budget:
EV ELX118P
Alto TSSUB18
Yamaha DXS 15
JBL EON 518S

Options that push my budget, but if there is a big enough improvement I will consider:
JBL PRX618S
QSC KSUB
Alto Black 15

Thanks in advance for any advice and I am still open to other options if mine don't suffice.
Leo

Travis_Valois

Re: Best Subwoofer for mobile DJ
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 11:29:54 PM »

If you go with JBL, skip the PRX618S and go for either the PRX618XLF or better yet,  the PRX718XLF. Either one has better low frequency extension than the "S" version.

One of the advantages pf the 700 series over the 600 series is that the amplifier modules are fan cooled rather than convection cooled. However, you may experience noticeable fan noise at low audio levels depending on what level ambient noise levels are at.

While the 600 series amp modules may get toasty, I've not had them thermally shut down on me. I've used only a pair in a small arena under 2x JBL JRX215 per side in a "dual" pa doing sound for a band with satisfactory results.

You can probably find them used at affordable prices now that the 700 series is out.

I can't comment on the others, as I have not used any of them.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 11:33:12 PM by Travis_Valois »

Scott Harris

• Subwoofer forum
  • Worcester, MA
    • Running Sound
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 08:32:09 AM »

Buy the best sub you can afford.  Then start saving for another to have a matched pair.

Best means it fills your requirements for size & weight, frequency response and simple integration with your tops in terms of built-in crossover compatibility.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 08:35:01 AM by Scott Harris »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 08:32:09 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.