ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP...Old Eyes Can't See Mic Colors  (Read 8120 times)

PAULBORDON

Re: HELP...Old Eyes Can't See Mic Colors
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 08:36:33 PM »

I keep half a binocular, (a monocular) on a string around my neck when I am in those long distance gigs.
Bless you JP

You might want to go a higher power (no pun intended) but I like this type because of the weight... and I am a cheap dude. Ha! Besides that It really enables me to see things I normally can't at 300 feet like trip hazards, setup mistakes between choirs, mic's that are out of position and mic's that got accidentally knocked over next to a guitar amp.  Sometime when you have a large choir on stage stuff happens and you are in the eagles nest and are responsible to relay that info to the stage.

Might be the best four bucks ever spent... Mine hangs off a rosary. I hope that is not a sacred no no.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-10x25-Multi-coated-Lens-Sports-Monocular-Hunting-Camping-Telescope-E0Xc-/310717041089?pt=Binocular&hash=item48582dc9c1
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 03:44:22 PM by PAULBORDON »
Paul Bordon

Rodney Harris

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2014, 04:43:17 PM »

Thank you all for the responses and advice....I purchased a monocular...its cheaper than setting up a dedicated camera & video monitor rig!   
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AMPIVFO/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item

PAULBORDON

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2014, 06:35:53 AM »

Nice mono, Rodney
Paul Bordon

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2014, 01:07:31 PM »

another expensive and development required would be to insert into the mic's  RFID, along with RFID for the artist.  have the computer display as they approach the stage the scan to show on the computer who is up and ready and what mic they have. 

Think Easypass or  IPass   

Now throw in the computer identifying the artist with the mic and setting the channel strip to preset.   Would be so nice and so cool.   I have dibs on this patent.

PAULBORDON

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 09:30:56 AM »

Hey Rodney,

How is the monocular working out for you? Report back?
Thanks JP
Paul Bordon

Rodney Harris

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 02:51:12 PM »

Hey Rodney,

How is the monocular working out for you? Report back?
Thanks JP

it is working out surprisingly well!   I won't walk around the church with it suspended from my neck...I leave it at the console.

PAULBORDON

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 03:17:49 PM »

I won't walk around the church with it suspended from my neck...I leave it at the console.
A bit of a fashion risk ehh?  Well someone has to hold to the sound engineer's couture. (besides a roll of duct tape on your belt and those half "shorts/pants")  You know those pants that came from the 80's grunge scene. I cant tell you what % of engineers/gaffers/stage crew wear those but over 70% in LA. Ha!

PS thanks for reporting back ... we are not the first engineers with this problem. I hope this helps others.

Now if I could get one of these monoculars implanted for hands free mixing... aka Borg type, I would be sittin in butter.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 05:52:04 PM by PAULBORDON »
Paul Bordon

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 05:25:11 PM »

PAULBORDON

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2014, 05:39:47 PM »

That is sooooo...  funny.  If I could photoshop in a modern monocular around his neck on a string or borg implant type "aged of course" we have the perfect engineering genX humor... hehhheee

"I know nothing... I know nothing..."  "I hear nothing... I hear nothing..."  Dohh...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 05:56:00 PM by PAULBORDON »
Paul Bordon

Malek Pallie

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2014, 07:15:20 PM »

Thank you all for the responses and advice....I purchased a monocular...its cheaper than setting up a dedicated camera & video monitor rig!   
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AMPIVFO/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item

I use a set of binoculars as well when I mix at my church. This doesn't seem to be as much of a problem with the vocalists at my "day job", but both at work and at church, I found that talking to the vocalists ahead of time and telling them that it is important that they pick up the correct mic so I can turn them up during their solos helps keep them in line.  ;)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2014, 07:15:20 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.