ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightweight Passives  (Read 9827 times)

Bob Burke

• 90 dB
Lightweight Passives
« on: March 23, 2014, 10:15:16 AM »

Hello all.

I did a search, but no luck. I need recommendations for light weight pole mount passive speakers to replace our 61# Yamaha S115Vs that are too heavy to haul, let alone get up on stands. Looks like I'll be limited to 12”, since most of the 15's are quite heavy.  We're a Classic Rock duo using backing tracks, so I do need some decent bottom end (I know – in 12” boxes?).

Cost is a consideration, but I do want good sound. Mostly small bars, restaurants, Tiki bars, etc.

I'm using a QSC1804 (600 watts/8 ohm).

Thanks.

Regards,

Bob

Per Sovik

• Sogn, Norway, Europe
Re: Lightweight Passives
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 10:44:37 AM »

JBL PRX412
EV ELX112

John Moore

• "learning the hard way sucks donkey kong"
    • Trinity Productions
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 11:16:01 AM »

http://www.dbtechnologies.com/EN/Products/arena/arena_12_p752.aspx

http://www.dbtechnologies.com/EN/Products/arena/arena_15_p753.aspx

12's and 15's not bad bang for the buck...we have put these in churches and schools and they sound good.
http://www.trinityprosound.com 209-832-8023
DEALER:Dealer for Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, Danley Sound Labs, VTC, Allen & Heath, Ashly, Denon,  Audix, One Systems, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate,  Trusst, Road Ready, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, dB Technologies, RCF, American Audio,  Rapco, CBI Cables, ADJ, Chauvet, Blizzard, Furman, Shure, Tascam, Elite Screens,  BenQ, Midas, Digico,  and many many more...

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 03:02:49 PM »

Hello all.

I did a search, but no luck. I need recommendations for light weight pole mount passive speakers to replace our 61# Yamaha S115Vs that are too heavy to haul, let alone get up on stands. Looks like I'll be limited to 12”, since most of the 15's are quite heavy.  We're a Classic Rock duo using backing tracks, so I do need some decent bottom end (I know – in 12” boxes?).

Cost is a consideration, but I do want good sound. Mostly small bars, restaurants, Tiki bars, etc.

Thanks.

Regards,

Bob

Carvin PM153 . I also own 4 ELX112P and the Carvin sound much better. MUCH better. Weigh 40lbs and can handle a lot of power.
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 05:30:20 PM »

Tannoy VX12.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Dennis Wiggins

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 07:00:20 PM »

I like, and use, Peavey Impulse 1012 (NOT the PR12).

-Dennis

Thomas Le

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 07:03:58 PM »

If you liked the Yamaha sound, have a look at the S112V / C112V.

If you want the real LF, nothing substitutes a sub. Look for the single 18" ones like the Yamaha SW118V.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian Appleby

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 09:06:22 PM »

Hello all.

Thanks.

Regards,

EV ZX5

Bob

Ian Appleby
Dynacord Cobra 2 / EV Phoenix, ZX3 / A&H QU32

claude cascioli

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 10:52:33 AM »

see if you can find some used ev sx500 i owm 8 of them they are great loud punchy and clear and when your budget allows you can biamp them last year i used 4 perside with some double 18 subs and damm it was slammin and that was outdoors

Thomas Le

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 01:59:30 PM »

see if you can find some used ev sx500 i owm 8 of them they are great loud punchy and clear and when your budget allows you can biamp them last year i used 4 perside with some double 18 subs and damm it was slammin and that was outdoors

4 per side? Sounds like a recipe for horrendous comb filtering!  :o Were you trying to get more dB or coverage?

ProSoundWeb Community

ยซ Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 01:59:30 PM ยป

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.