ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Venue info - The Mint in LA?  (Read 2050 times)

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
Venue info - The Mint in LA?
« on: February 14, 2014, 03:44:11 PM »

Playing a show in March there with our band wondering if other LABsters have had shows there and if there's any tips (beyond the usual being courteous, sending stage plot and input lists ahead of time, etc.).

I will be driving up to it this afternoon as it's close enough, but hearing from those who've worked the venue or visited is always welcome.

http://themintla.com

thanks.

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
Re: Venue info - The Mint in LA?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 09:05:41 PM »

Update - just saw (new) on their tech specs that the monitors are QSC KLA12's. Will send pics tomorrow if they're ground or up in the air... Never heard of them for monitors...

Lee Brenkman

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 11:35:19 PM »

Update - just saw (new) on their tech specs that the monitors are QSC KLA12's. Will send pics tomorrow if they're ground or up in the air... Never heard of them for monitors...

Anything with QSC on it would be an improvement on the monitors they had the last time I was there.

I see that they've replaced the Peavey Mark VIII console at FOH with a Midas Venice and a Mackie 1604 "just for monitors" also at FOH.  Don't know how much an improvement that actually is over the aux sends on the Peavey to mix monitors but I'd love to hear how it goes for you.

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 12:55:39 PM »

Lee - went well. Turned out they were K12's, not KLA's.

Unfortunately with a battle of the bands, sound check was limited at best. Monitors were virtually unhearable, so we were back to listening to the back line and singing what we knew. Fun event, and for a 20 min set it was fine and we packed the Mint with family and friends. And we're moving on to the finals at the Rock Hall of Fame in September.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 12:55:39 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.